More threads by RobinOctane

Reaction score
Yelp's New Feature: "Message the Business" - Is Your Biz Setup with Monitored Email?

Yelp has added a new feature, being able to message the business owner.
"Message the Business"

It's a link in the address box under the phone number.
I included screenshots because I had hard time finding it initially.
Screen shot 2014-06-25 at 4.14.32 PM.png

Which then launches a popup window:
Screen shot 2014-06-25 at 4.16.50 PM.png

Which can be a great thing! The message gets sent to the YELP business owner's email address on file.

However if your marketing/SEO department helped out a business owner with claiming their listing, it may have been claimed with an email address that isn't checked daily or a dummy one to avoid marketing spam.

Here is a full article from Marketing Land

[h=1]Yelp Gives Customers The Ability To Send Messages To Businesses[/h]

Screen shot 2014-06-25 at 4.14.32 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-06-25 at 4.16.50 PM.png

Re: Yelp's New Feature Message the Business Owner-Is Your Biz Setup with Monitored Em

Thanks for sharing Robin and for doing the screenshots! Awesome!

Re: Yelp's New Feature: "Message the Business" - Is Your Biz Setup with Monitored Ema

Many thanks, Robin! I vaguely recall seeing it reported this week that the new feature would allow SMS contact to the business, which seemed dubious to me but also potentially powerful. Any Yelp business account managers happen to see if there's any such configuration available in this new feature?

Re: Yelp's New Feature: "Message the Business" - Is Your Biz Setup with Monitored Ema

UPDATE:
You can disable the new Yelp messaging system if you want to. However it appears the default is Enabled.
Screen shot 2014-06-28 at 7.24.39 AM.png

Screen shot 2014-06-28 at 7.24.39 AM.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom