More threads by Former Member

Reaction score
Here's a screenshot.

Why is the B position company shown on the map and not the A position. Is this a hint that there is something wrong?

Search was done incognito.

I just replicated and that is BIZARRE. 1st time I've seen it.

It's a 3 pack and all should be showing on the search map. And the one that's showing is not even in that city.

Spent awhile searching and trying to figure out, but am out of time on this one.

Your A spot and the C spot both have round markers, with address hidden, but they should still show on the search map.

Here is the link. See for yourself???

Anyone else have any ideas?

Yea, I think I recall seeing this a couple times before - was pretty sure it was just a bug and possibly had to do with SAB's and hidden addresses. But that was just a pretty quick assumption at the time.

Things could definitely be a bit more buggy with all the local updates going on.

60bd5b157ec1230502b99bb08af03cf5.jpg

Thought I'd add to this quick. I'm on Safari mobile. Pigeon has created a 2 pack now and the B position (now a new company due to Pigeon) is showing on the map?

Google is rewarding SABs with addresses showing?

Can I add to the weirdness?

When I do the search it's entry C that shows the pin & map, entries A & B have no address shown.
It also seems specific to that search.

Tried searches in a number of cities and tiny towns around US as well as international and they're not showing that quirk.

So is there something about those other two listings? (don't have time to investigate further, GTG)

I might be able to shed some sort of light on this matter. Recently I too was seeing a lot of service area businesses rank higher and this is what I found on almost every single case that i looked into.. Since the new pigeon update Google has a huge fluctuation on service base businesses mainly if you look closely all locations even the ones with no address showing ALL have a lot of followers on there social pages or Google Plus local Pages...
Also the service base businesses that outrank have more reviews usually sometimes this is not the case but 9 out of ten I have looked at it was..
Judging and looking at more similar service base businesses it became a pattern that social media and being active on your Google My business page such as posting each day with something geared towards your business would increase your ranking with in Google.. A ranking Factor I think so I know for a fact and have tested this with many colleges even that click through rate is a HUGE factor Post Pigeon update.
Click through rate in a lot of tests even moved some of the locations more than 2 to 3 positions higher.
But it is still early to actually see what Google has planned with result fluctuating like they have been pulling from new data centers one day then old the next.
It is making it very hard for us to catch that pesky Pigeon Bird!!
I at times feel like Sylvester the cat trying to catch twenty!! DARN YOU GOOGLE!! lol

Not in the office but I'm eager to add some new info.

It seems to affecting OUR company solely?

Here are two screenshots of different surrounding towns (we show in both after the Pigeon update). These are from mobile...

600789a7b2f4275fe0853c6e025f8e61.jpg

c607688b843777eae6cf1806f9e95242.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom