Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Do You Use GeoTagged Images for your Local Listing?

While completing the optimization process for a Google+ Local listing, we have found that itís quite beneficial to upload images that arenít just alt tagged but geo tagged as well. This is not a new concept for many local search professionals, for more info read an old blog from Blumenthal: http://blumenthals.com/blog/2009/02/10/local-seo-tip-google-maps-loves-panoramios-geotagged-images/.

At my company, our optimization process isnít 100% completed until we have 10 geo tagged images and 5 videos. We continually see positive ranking movements with this process.

Recently we have been using more image sharing sites (pinterest, photobucket, flickR, etc.) to build image citations. Weíve actually have seen some influence in the rankings with this tactic as well.
    Anybody else using image sharing strategies and if so, have you experienced encouraging results?
    Free Local Checklist
    51Blocks - "White Label" Google Places & Website Development/Hosting - Will Pay Good $$ for Wordpress website hosting referrals
    Wordpress Site Speed Problems? Site speed optimization is part of our hosting - 90's on Google PageSpeed Insights

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Do You Use GeoTagged Images for your Local Listing?

I have just recently started geo tagging the images. So I can't provide any data yet but soon. What service are you using to geotag the images?

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I've used them on a pretty large scale with minimal success. I did find that uploading the images to Flickr with a Business Name City State name was almost immediately effective for image search.

Make sure you verify the geo-coding works on each site you send the photo to, from my experience there must be multiple image properties that can be read for geo-tags. If anyone has insight on the details of geo-coding requirements for universal acceptance that would be appreciated.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

A good free geotag software is GeoSetter. GeoSetter
    Free Local Checklist
    51Blocks - "White Label" Google Places & Website Development/Hosting - Will Pay Good $$ for Wordpress website hosting referrals
    Wordpress Site Speed Problems? Site speed optimization is part of our hosting - 90's on Google PageSpeed Insights

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with the above post from @mborgelt that GeoSetter is a pretty simple way to geotag images ... and it's free.

Never quite sure just how much impact geotagging images has, but like everything else in this biz it's an accumulation of little things that can make a big difference overall.
    Nick Rink | Smart Local Marketing
    Follow me on Twitter | Circle me on Google+ | Connect with me on LinkedIn
    Check your local listings and reviews here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

localsearchguy,

When creating FlickR accounts with Business Name City State, have you had any accounts go under suspension? I believe there is a violation in FlickR's guidelines for using a business name for the name of an account, as we've had a few FlickR accounts go under suspension. Now, we try to create accounts with the owners name. Just wondering if you have had similar issues?

Lately we've preferred Business.Pinterst.
    http://business.pinterest.com
    Free Local Checklist

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone! All of the tips has helped me get started and moving forward.
    I agree it is a combination of many stars aligning but I love learning new ways to obtain citations and ways to create new links.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

We had a vendor geo tag images for us for one of our clients. We didn't see any improvement in ranking. Small sample size though.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I find the geotagging so easy to do, so I always do it. Every little bit helps.

I used to use Flickr and Panoramio. Panoramio accounts got deleted left and right. I got some warnings for Flickr, but didn't get the axe with any clients that I know of.

I appreciate the tip on renaming the Flickr account. Additionally, the images I create have business name and number on the images, so it's clear that the images are for commercial use.

Lately I use Picasa Web only. I can geo-tag, add regular tags and Picasa captures the citation info added to each image file nicely. It's hard to quantify the impact this has on overall rankings, but again... easy to do and I'm sure every piece makes a stronger whole.
    Genesis Developer - WordPress Development for Local SEO
    Schema, Geotagging, Location Pages, and more of what Google loves!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Will said Kung Fu!

However, have you experienced any deleted accounts with using Picasa?
    Free Local Checklist