More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with one of my clients. He got 6 calls from Google's India support team - all on the same day - and 3 of them were within an hour! Here was the chronology:

1. First call comes in. Client actually has a full blown conversation with the woman from India and confirms everything.

2. 15 minutes later another call comes in. Client takes the call and has another conversation - this time with a guy from India. Once again client confirms everything.

3. 15 minutes later another call comes in. Client takes the call and has another conversation with yet another guy from India. This time client jokes with the Google rep that this is getting comical. India agent laughs and agrees and apologizes to the client for the multiple calls (and for confirming everything again for the 3rd time).

4. Client gets 3 other calls from the same 605 area code that afternoon and this time decides to ignore them. He's tired of talking to Google's agents from India...lol.

Is that crazy or what?

Travis Van Slooten

Crazy but SCARY Travis. Thanks for sharing!

TELL HIM HE CAN'T IGNORE THOSE CALLS!

Lots on the forum have said when they didn't answer their listing was deleted.

There is obviously a mixup and he's on multiple lists. But all it takes is one mod to feel like "hey if this is a REAL business someone should answer phone. If no one answers then it must NOT be a real business.!

Please also post over at the Google forum and give me a link to it here.
I want to escalate so Jade can inform the manager of the moderation team.

As far as not taking the calls, there are times when I'm in the middle of something, on another Skype call, in a meeting, driving... a variety of reasons that I would simply let the call go to voicemail - or ignore the call.

Is there a specific area code that the call originates from? Travis you mentioned 605 AC...were all six calls from the same AC/Number?

Yes the Google moderation calls are always from 650 area code. I think always the same number but I can't remember it. I can go hunt it down on the Google forum. TONS have reported problems after getting a call and I think it's usually the same #.

Oh Travis, didn't realize this was in the private forum. OK to copy it to public in case it helps someone else since there is no private client info showing? In fact I think I tweeted this, but no one could see it because it's hidden in private. (I need to check more carefully.)

Please do check into Linda and post here. If it's a call I should be taking, or my clients should be taking then it would be nice to give them a heads up about what number NOT to ignore, and to prepare for, if they do happen to catch it coming in.

Linda:

Sure no problem. I think moving forward I'll put all my non client-specific questions on the public forum.

Travis

Oh Travis, didn't realize this was in the private forum. OK to copy it to public in case it helps someone else since there is no private client info showing? In fact I think I tweeted this, but no one could see it because it's hidden in private. (I need to check more carefully.)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom