More threads by HurricaneK8

Reaction score
I've been trying to get this client to rank in the 7-pack for a while after a manual penalty removed 6 months ago. I noticed today when I hovered over the map, their name shows up twice.

Could this be a sign of a hidden/merged duplicate?
bridgeport troubleshooting2.jpg

I'll be honest, I've never really hovered over the un-pinned map markers before so I don't know if this is usual or not!

bridgeport troubleshooting2.jpg

That's interesting K8. I can't seem to replicate it, but I think you are in the right ballpark with your hypothesis.

I can't replicate either Kate. Did a little digging and could not find anything else.

The categories all look default to me.

Do the cats and description match what's in dash?
If so then I don't think it's a hidden merged dupe. Maybe just a remnant on maps or something.

PLUS Google finds and merges dupes all the time so that's no problem. It's a GOOD thing.
The only problem is when the listing is claimed in more than one account OR the dupe is live. But if it's an unclaimed dupe Google scraped and merged, then that's good and nothing to worry about.

I've had this happen a few times Kate, but after a while it just went away. Tried to replicate this in several browsers and didn't see it.

Thanks guys! I tried again this morning and didn't see it. It may have just been a glitch that went away over the weekend. Everything in the dash matches the listing, so I didn't think there was a hidden/merged dupe before I saw this. I'm just trying to find something wrong with it so I can get their rankings up! :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom