More threads by Adam Zahler

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm not sure about this but does anyone know if a personal stylist qualifies for a Google+ Local page? Couldn't see a category for this specifically.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Adam,

What do you mean by personal stylist?

And what doe the real world scenario look like?

Are you talking hair stylist???

And if so is she an employee? Or independent and rents a chair in a salon?

Or????

We just need more details to be able to answer.

Thanks for replying Linda. She is a fashion stylist so basically helps her clients put together their own look by helping them choose clothes and accessories to suit their lifestyle. She has helped a few famous people in Hollywood.

Ahhh, I think of that as an image consultant. Wonder if there is a category for that one? Many of them doing personal shopping, so if she does too, check to see if that's a cat.

But yes she would def qualify if it's her own company (and not just employee) and if she sees clients in person locally.

There are many categories that are just missing, so you have to go up to a broader category or find something else that's close. But she might get calls for that other service so try to make it clear in description what she does.

Thanks Linda, I'll investigate further. When searching for her keywords there were no map results appearing so I thought perhaps this was because Google didn't list this type of business for some reason. Hopefully it just means there is a good opportunity for my client.

Hmmm, the closest category I can come up with is 'Fashion Designer'. Do you think she would get this?

Thanks Linda, I'll investigate further. When searching for her keywords there were no map results appearing so I thought perhaps this was because Google didn't list this type of business for some reason. Hopefully it just means there is a good opportunity for my client.

Well initially you said no category. That's a different issue than no pack, so I didn't realize. If there is no pack, either there is not enough search volume in that city OR Google either does not recognize it as a local search.

*Remember I didn't recognize it by that name either and I'm a woman. ;)

I just searched San Diego personal stylist. No pack. But there was for image consultant. Have you searched her city and image consultant to see if it pulls a pack? If it's a smaller town and not enough search volume, it may not pull a pack either.

IF NO PACK - and you just want to see who would be ranking if there WAS a pack or check out what the competition is doing then search for "KW near City" (use near or in) then that will normally force her to show a pack. That's just for your eval purposes since I don't think many consumers search that way.

If there is no pack then there is no pack. BUT having a listing she could still show in maps or a branded search would be more likely to show a knowledge graph. Plus she'd have a place for reviews.

Is there a cat for just consultant? Then put image consultant and fashion designer in the description. Maybe even put Image Consultant next to her name since you can add one descriptor now.

I'd do KW research cuz I bet a ton more search for image consultant than personal stylist. Need to optimize home and the page for the term that is most popular with searchers. (Unless I'm mistaken and that's different from what she actually does.)

Thanks Linda, that helps. There is a 'Consultant' category so I think I'll take your suggestion on going with that. Interestingly enough I did find the following listings using a 'Image Consultants-personal' category which doesn't appear to exist when doing a category search in Google+.

'Beauty Salon' seems to be used quite often for your San Diego search but I think your idea for using 'Consultant' is more accurate. 'Fashion Designer' is also used for my client's city pack results which I think is actually the closest category other than 'Consultant'.

So my thinking is to go with 'Consultant' as the primary category and 'Fashion Designer' as the secondary category and also use an added descriptor ('Image Consultant' or whatever based on keyword research).

Does that all sound okay to you?

Many thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom