More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
So within the last two weeks all of my clients that had authorship profiles appearing in search disappeared. However, the byline "By Soandso" is still there. I checked on both Chrome and Firefox.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Has this affected review schema? Are people still seeing review schema appearing in Google search results for local business websites (not counting Yelp and other local search directories)?

Oh, and on an unrelated note. Linda, I stopped receiving the weekly digest emails for the forum. It was one of my favorite features of the forum and kept me coming back and engaging every week.

Is it still going? If so, how do I sign up again?

Hi Joshua, The removal of Authorship images was announced a couple of weeks ago.

However, I do still see the pretty pictures next to the Google+ posts of my connections.

I wonder if Google removed the Authorship images to emphasise the power of Google+ posts in the rankings?

Will leave other more experienced commenters to answer your Review Schema question.

Good grief, they're gone completely? You're not kidding...I just checked.

Wow, very interesting. A shame really, though.

Appreciate the follow up!

Yep, they completely did away the pics and the circle count. Only the authorship name remains.

So within the last two weeks all of my clients that had authorship profiles appearing in search disappeared. However, the byline "By Soandso" is still there. I checked on both Chrome and Firefox.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Has this affected review schema? Are people still seeing review schema appearing in Google search results for local business websites (not counting Yelp and other local search directories)?

Hi Joshua. Yes Jo is right it was announced and they are gone.

However you are right the byline is still showing. I think SEland or someone wrote about it.

Review stars have always been spotty for a long time. Have not noticed them for awhile.

Oh, and on an unrelated note. Linda, I stopped receiving the weekly digest emails for the forum. It was one of my favorite features of the forum and kept me coming back and engaging every week.

Is it still going? If so, how do I sign up again?

Sorry I had to kill it. All my emails even to new training prospects started getting marked as spam. Maybe because the newsletter went out to so many folks and had so many links.

But we've always offered the option to subscribe to the daily email digest which is much better so you don't miss anything. The weekly digest only showed the last few posts so if you just read that you'd miss 90% of the news.

You can also just subscribe to indiv forums like Google Local IMPORTANT and just get notification from the ones you choose.

I did a post awhile back to help everyone get the options they need:
<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/forum-news-questions-suggestions/17495-stay-informed-how-subscribe-search-forum.html">STAY INFORMED - How to Subscribe & Search the Forum</a>

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom