More threads by russofford

Reaction score
Hi,

What might the best practice be these days if I want to include a Google map on my website contact us page.

Should I just embed the iframe from the Google Maps URL like normal or should I screen shot the Google Map and link to the new Google+ Local page?

Thanks,

Russ

Hey Russ, welcome!

Thanks for starting off by asking a great question.

I actually teach some high level stuff about this in my Advanced Local SEO and Places training. Some day maybe I'll do a video and share it publicly here on the forum.

But the short answer is use the embed code from Google instead of a screen shot. If you do it right it embeds critical info, like the all important CID# right into your contact us page which can help on a couple levels I think.

Hi Linda!

I remember hearing that a best practice a while ago (or at least it seems like forever ago in the seo world!:eek:) was to have a map on your website linking out to your Google+ local listing. Along with this, your Google+ local listing's landing page was supposed to link back to that page of your website with the map.

Do you know if that still applies today? I'm curious to what your thoughts on this matter are. Should we be linking out to our Google+ local listings from our website in general? If so, should the link be coming from a map? Should we be linking out to the Google+ local listing on more than just the Contact Us page?

Is using an embedded Google map still best practice? Sorry, so many questions!!:confused:

Thank you again for all of your help!

I teach a whole segment on how to embed a map right with some considerations most are not aware of. In fact I teach how to make a Google map a "local hook".

I just finally did a video explaining all of it and the video is in my new improved video training course AND in the Private Pro Forum so if you get the new training and pro access you can get it there with me showing and explaining. Not trying to be evasive but it's way too complicated to type out and my carpal is hurting really bad today.

But in a nutshell yes a map is important, espec on the contact us page and doing it right is important too. Many do it wrong and then it does not have the SEO benes it could.

You shall:

- embed Google Maps
- verif[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]y Google+ Business page with the Publisher Markup for the rest of the site ( homepage etc )[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]- verif[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]y Google+ Local page with the Publisher Markup for the contact page - this will help you if you have more locations under the same brand[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom