More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
One of our "Pro" members Tyson Downs just did a great post over at BrightLocal and since I know many of you work with Doctors, Dentists and Chiropractors, I wanted to share.

Local Search Tips for the Healthcare Industry

tyson-post-header.png
Image Credit, BrightLocal at the link below

<a href="http://www.brightlocal.com/2014/07/24/local-search-tips-healthcare-industry/">Local Search Tips for the Healthcare Industry</a>

As an online marketing consultant, specializing in the healthcare industry, I work with doctors and other healthcare professionals every day. One thing I hear more than anything else is (phrased in various ways): How can I get my traffic to my website?

It can be a challenge getting traffic to their websites. Often the competition can be very fierce, and as a result, more expensive to get the results they want and expect. But, all of the professionals that I choose to work with understand the value of SEO and the great potential that it has to take their business to the next level. For healthcare professionals, SEO & word of mouth (which happen to go hand in hand these days with the explosion of online reviews) are simply too important to ignore.

So, what does a dentist, a doctor, or other healthcare professional need to do to build his brand online? Great content? Ya. Social Media? Yes, that too. But it’s more than that. There is an opportunity to better educate your patients, whilst saving you time, and building your online authority, as well as creating a relationship with patients and potential patients by using your ‘online voice’.

Let’s go over 15 marketing strategies that can be implemented for a doctor or other healthcare provider in order to improve their online visibility, increase their search engine rankings, and ultimately grow their practice.

{Click link above the read the rest}

Above was just a snippet - so click the link to read all 15 marketing strategies.

What do you think?

What was your favorite tip or do you have one to add???

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="Since I know many of you work with Doctors, Dentists and Chiropractors, I wanted to share.">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

tyson-post-header.png

re: Local Search Tips for Doctors, Dentists & Chiropractors by Tyson Downs

Just a quick note on #10:
Are you currently having people ?check-in? to your office when they arrive? A visitor can check in on Yelp, Foursquare, Facebook, and other networks.

Foursquare check ins are now done in Swarm, which is technically still Foursquare... but it could confuse people :)

Great read. Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the Review Funnel aspect.

Yes, Tyson is becoming quite the author. I read his stuff all the time now.

Great job Ty!

thx for posting Linda & Tyson, i liked 9) and build and work the list Infusionsoft is a great tool for this :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom