More threads by Lloyd Silver

Reaction score
First time this situation has come up.

I have a client whose office is in a rural town where the USPS will not deliver to the physical location. Not just for that business, but pretty much the entire town. Everybody has a PO Box.

The client's home is about 35 miles away and he can receive mail there although we'd likely hide the address.

I'm guessing the best course of action is to use the home address, hide it, and set a radius. But there really is a business at the address, they simply cannot receive mail.

I wonder if I called Google help if they could facilitate an exception. I've actually been very positively surprised by the quality of support they provide.

---------- Post Merged at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Well after posting this question, I did see in "similar threads" the following which provides guidance (thank you to previous responders):

http://localsearchforum.catalystema...sinesses-small-town-can-only-accept-mail.html

Hi Lloyd,

If there is a business office and especially if it's in the town he wants to rank in, instead of 30 miles away, much better off to use the office address.

And as you'll learn in training, setting that service area won't help you rank in other areas than the location that's in the dash. Plus there are other downsides to using a home address.

And yes as that thread indicates phone support will manually verify since PO boxes are not allowed. And there is also an email verification troubleshooter, but these days phone support is easier and faster.

Ah, glad you found that other post!

@lloyds

What Linda said. Although it's possible you're in a catch-22, I've also found that in rural areas Google is much more relaxed about the rules. For whatever reason, they're not as picky. My theory is they'd rather have some results to serve searchers than have no results just because of those pesky rules.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom