More threads by Gary

Gary

Reaction score
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I'm managing a restaurant chain with 10 locations. Can I register the same home page url of the corporate site in Google Places for all 10 locations or is it better to register a separate url for each location? Can I register the same home page url for all locations? Ten locations using the same home page url?[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Meaning can I register Company.com in Google places for all 10 locations or is it better to go with www.company.com/location.html for each location?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]They all have different addresses and phone numbers. Can they share the exact same url?[/FONT]
The page authority of the home page is 60 while the individual location pages the authority of each page ranges in the 20's.
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Gary

Hi Gary,

The best practice is to use a separate webpage for each location. The blended results, which almost always display these days are heavily based on website optimization, which includes matching up the NAP of the G+ Local page with the webpage.

Point each G+ Local page to a specific inner page of the website that has that specific NAP for that location.

Thanks a million Colan. I has thinking this way myself.

Cheers!

Yep Colan is right.

One important additional point though. The home page is the most powerful and easy to rank. And to rank in local it needs to have local address and phone of one of the locations.

So I don't know the situation. But if they have one that's like the main location or home office location or maybe the one in the biggest city that will be hardest to rank. Anyway pick the best location to feature on the home page. Then for customers, make it clear "we have 10 locations to serve you". Then unique content on each of the location pages optimized for that City and the keywords.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom