More threads by tcusimano

Reaction score
Hi Linda,

This algo update did major damage to my rankings. I went from the "B" spot for the search terms "Huntington Beach Chiropractor" to the abyss. My Google + page is disconnected. Rank #2 in organic.

No change when searching "chiropractor Huntington beach". Still in the "A" spot and #1 organic.

Do you think my exact match domain has something to do with the change? My website is huntingtonbeachchiropractor.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Google Pigeon Collateral Damage & What You Can Do About it

Hi Linda,

This algo update did major damage to my rankings. I went from the "B" spot for the search terms "Huntington Beach Chiropractor" to the abyss. My Google + page is disconnected. Rank #2 in organic.

No change when searching "chiropractor Huntington beach". Still in the "A" spot and #1 organic.

Do you think my exact match domain has something to do with the change? My website is huntingtonbeachchiropractor.com

This may be another question that Linda moves to a different thread but with a quick incognito search for "Huntington Beach Chiropractor" this is what I see-

huntington beach chiropractor   Google Search.png

Is that your listing "Tracie M. Cusimano, D.C."? I have you 3rd organically and position B in the 7-pack.

huntington beach chiropractor   Google Search.png

Re: Google Pigeon Collateral Damage & What You Can Do About it

Hi Linda,

EMDs usually help don't hurt for local.

Hi Traci, off topic in this thread about Google support and descriptions.

I'm moving this down to help and support and will look tonight if I get time.

Thanks for helping Amber!!!

Quick peek.

I see you at B for Huntington Beach Chiropractor just like in Amber's screenshot.

And A Chiropractor Huntington Beach.

That's using FF with location set to HB.

**I wanted to add that I did not set my location to HB in the screenshot but Linda covered that piece:)

The results that I get when searching "Huntington Beach Chiropractor" are completely different than what you two are seeing. I am nowhere to be found in local, only organic. When I search "Huntington Beach chiropractors, Huntington Beach Chiropractor or Chiropractor Huntington Beach, I am still in the A or B spot. I am only disconnected with the exact match domain search. FYI my listing is Tracie M. Cusimano, D.C.

Are you logged in to your G+ account when you search?

Could you possibly take a screenshot of what you are seeing?

BTW- I'm using chrome. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Since Penguin sometimes browsers show different results, so good point Amber.

But I was using FF logged in and saw the same thing you did.

Thanks for your responses!

It didn't matter whether I was logged into Google + or not, as I was still getting the disconnected results. Yesterday, I probably googled "Huntington Beach Chiropractor" over 50X and noticed that I would get one of two different search results. One with me in the pack and one nowhere to be found. Seems like Google was running two algos at the same time. Maybe they were running a test Algo. Who knows?

As of this morning, I only see the results with me in it. Good for now. Thanks.

Also seeing you in #2 using Chrome. Also, a little off topic, but you might want to look at how your naming your pages. Im seeing a number of pages named:

http://www.huntingtonbeachchiropractor.com/index-3.html
http://www.huntingtonbeachchiropractor.com/index-1.html

http://www.huntingtonbeachchiropractor.com/index-5.html

Also, Might want to work on your titles and descriptions:
"Huntington Beach Chiropractor, Chiropractor Huntington Beach, CA 92647" is showing on your home page

<tbody abp="2808">
</tbody>

<tbody abp="2789">
</tbody>

Thanks for your suggestions Justin!

It didn't matter whether I was logged into Google + or not, as I was still getting the disconnected results. Yesterday, I probably googled "Huntington Beach Chiropractor" over 50X and noticed that I would get one of two different search results. One with me in the pack and one nowhere to be found. Seems like Google was running two algos at the same time. Maybe they were running a test Algo. Who knows?

That can also happen when you are hitting 2 different data centers. I'm not sure what causes you to switch back and forth between different ones.

But hmmm come to think of it, that could be why we are seeing all these crazy pigeon ranking shifts.

The last two days I was getting two search results when searching "Huntington Beach Chiropractor". One with me in the pack and one nowhere to be found. Now today, I am disconnected from the pack no matter how many times I search even though I ranked #1 or 2 organically. Does anyone see anything wrong with my Google+ listing that would disconnect me? my Google + listing is Tracie M. Cusimano, D.C. Please help.

In addition, how in the world could spot G make it in the pack when I'm locked out. Doesn't have a website and the G+ page isn't claimed.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Tracie I still see you at B with different results.

HBChiro8.8.jpg

Here is the matching map from my search above with you at B and radius is large.

HBChiroMap8.8.jpg

You need to start grabbing image of the top of the SERPs with the map, along with the pack.

Because since you are farthest from HB, I bet it's a matter of the search view port.

If sometimes it's zoomed in really close to HB then it knocks you out. If it zooms further out, then it's big enough to let you in.

I had this happen to a client that was jumping in and out of the pack and started taking map screenshots that showed the search radius was the issue.

When you are out of the pack, can you grab the full size image of the map from the main search results page like I did above and we'll see if that's it?

Also what browser are you using? How is your search location set up?
Are you using a proxy for Internet or anything?

HBChiro8.8.jpg

HBChiroMap8.8.jpg

In addition, how in the world could spot G make it in the pack when I'm locked out. Doesn't have a website and the G+ page isn't claimed.

I'm seeing those more and more - which kind of flies in the face of what was said about Pigeon being more about traditional ranking factors. If no site, then what factors???

Thanks Justin, same map as mine.

Just realized I was using a reduced browser size when I grabbed that image but I just went to full size to check and what I'm seeing is same as what you showed!

Tracie can you share a shot similar to Justin's (Dusty) that shows the map too?

HBChiroMap8.8PROB.jpg

WAIT! Just found something weird.

When I moused over the map pins, check out the (6) next to Tracie's listing.

Does it if you mouse up higher just over her name as well - there is a 6 by it.

I checked and no dupes and also not any secondary names listing in MM that would indicate merges with other variations of the name.

Any idea why she has a number and no one else does???

HBChiroMap8.8PROB.jpg

I am also getting the same results that Dusty just attached. In both FF and Chrome.

And like Dusty said, I also experience this in Houston for the term "Houston Electrician". One day we are in *happy dance* and the next out. Then back in the pack for the next 3 days or so...:confused:

You mentioned searching maybe 50 times. Do you ever click on other listings in the SERP? And are you always searching from the same device, same location, same broswer?

Since I have a personal dilemma of needing things to make sense I search at different times of the day/night, have co-workers perform the search, and, sadly enough, I've even searched from friends laptops/PC's. I can't make out the reasoning behind the differences in the SERPS.

TL;DR- I am still at a loss as to what Google is considering traditional ranking factors.

Linda - I'm assuming that correlates with the number of reviews. She has 6 reviews. Also guessing that the number won't show until there are at least 5 reviews. The others have none or only 1 or 2.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom