More threads by onebluesummer

Reaction score
I am moving to another state and will be changing everything but the brand name. It is a local cleaning business and I am the owner operator.
I want to be able to keep my reviews too.. do you think it's possible?
Moving from WA to CA.
Should I just go to my dashboard and update my NAP and website and start praying?
should I call goog?
I have already built citations in the new area on sites other than the major 3 search engines.
All Input welcome, thank you for this great site by the way!
Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Welcome and thanks for joining us.

That's kind of a big move to be able to keep reviews. Google looks at whether it would be a considerably different customer experience. If you move across town, not so much. Next state, I think it's less likely.

You could contact support by phone and ask. But I think the answer will depend on who you talk to.

Or you could just go ahead and move. If reviews get lost, there is a fairly new option where you can request that they be moved to the new locations. Reviews sit in a different database so would not really be lost - but would be attached to the old listing. It would just be a matter of policy whether they would move them. I kind of doubt it but don't know for sure where they draw the line.

Thanks Colan,

I was just working on the review part of training and had the link to our forum thread here about moving reviews. Could have sworn I posted it, but must have hit submit too soon.

But anyway our post here, just linked to Jade's post that Colan shared. So all good!

@Charlie

It's extremely unlikely Google (I assume you're referring to Google) will let you take your reviews with you.

If you were just moving to the other side of town, probably.

Thanks for the replies!
I feel as if you might have passed by the fact that I am a service business that I might add, travels to my customers location so technically that's why I thought the customer experience would not be changed whatsoever.
Your right about getting a not in stone answer from goog.. depends on who's dealing with the account right? Or are these things done automatically?
Very good dip about the fact the reviews are under a different database.. that kind of gives me more hope, though it's not sounding like you 2 think it's gonna work.
I will keep yall posted I was hoping for a sure fire way to get it done, guess I'll keep hoping for now!

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Why does by state matter or major area change matter for a service business.. am I missing something?:confused:
I can understand if it's a restaurant.

Thanks for the replies!

No problem.

I feel as if you might have passed by the fact that I am a service business that I might add, travels to my customers location so technically that's why I thought the customer experience would not be changed whatsoever.

Nope, that was clear. It doesn't matter what you and I think, though: All that matters whether Google sees your new location as similar enough to the old one. In cases like yours that is very unlikely, for better or for worse.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom