More threads by Anmol

plumber.PNG

It was bugging me why others could see the quotes and I could not, you can see that they have a "resource" page. And when you go to the home page thru that you get the quotes. If you type in "domain".com/san-diego-plumbing/ you do not get the quotes.

resource.PNG

plumber.PNG

resource.PNG

Would still like to know how they are rotating reviews on that page though.

Maybe the script is hidden in that quote tag. Meant to check CSS but didn't have time yet.

I have my IT guys looking at it today. I would also like that widget. Thanks for all the input in this thread..

---------- Post Merged at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Damn! that is quite the list of pages. Each has a review that rotates.

---------- Post Merged at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:08 AM ----------

It looks like they have 246 geo specific and keyword specific landing pages.

I'm by no means the best at coding but from what I can tell that Block Quotes are built into the design of the site. It is not a plugin.

Just need to say I love the team work on this!

We'll figure it out. And when we do... :p

BTW, Google is testing and those stars and ALL stars maybe be changing colors.
Post coming in a few...

My IT guys actually think its a Cookie being used. Yes Linda, I love the thinking that happens on this site. We could all do some serious damage as a collective. So many smart people in here.

My IT guys actually think its a Cookie being used. Yes Linda, I love the thinking that happens on this site. We could all do some serious damage as a collective. So many smart people in here.

Yep I agree - soooo many smart people!

BTW, Google is testing and those stars and ALL stars maybe be changing colors.
Post coming in a few...

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/google-local-reviews/21921-oh-my-stars-google-review-stars-changing.html">Oh My Stars! Are Google Review Stars Changing Colors?</a>

Right, I like the plugin. Using it already with some clients, but by itself, it is not producing the gold stars in search.

Hi all,

new member and first post here...This is all pretty easy to do using the WP plugin mentioned above. I'm getting ready to do this for a site I manage.

You don't need many reviews to trigger this. It's all just schema driven. Here is a new site that is using this, and the stars show in the SERPS routinely since they did this a couple months back.

schema.jpg
But what I'm interested in is has anyone looked to see if this has actually improved click through rates? I would think it would...as it makes the site stand out in the SERPs...that is until everyone starts using them, then it's diluted.

Thanks all

Howell

schema.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom