More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi All,

What tools are you using to help you when performing site audits?

I'm interested to hear about PAID and FREE Tools.

Thanks!

Solution
I've used quite a few.
Raven
SEMrush
Moz
Bright Local
Screaming Frog
Rank Ranger
WhiteSpark
Gshift
SEOrch

My preference for analysis is definitely screaming frog.
Raven or SEOrch comes in second since It's a little easier to read especially when you need to relay that info to your clients.
Keyword Rankings would be Bright Local or Rank Ranger. They give you a free trial but Bright Local has a slew of other tools that they include in the trial. Plus Myles Anderson is awesome!!
Best free tool that I use for site audits: Screaming Frog

Paid tool that I use for link audits, and competitive link analysis: Ahrefs

the.end.

Thanks Blake,

I was going to say that Screaming Frog is the main one I hear about, but I've never used it.

Tonight was the first time playing with Woorank. The free version. And hey that is a great product! Sometimes I get stuck using the same tools and need some fresh ideas.

This post just came out and compares 3.

<a href="http://www.searchenginejournal.com/comparison-review-3-site-audit-tools/114367/">Comparison Review of 3 Site Audit Tools | SEJ</a>

I've used quite a few.
Raven
SEMrush
Moz
Bright Local
Screaming Frog
Rank Ranger
WhiteSpark
Gshift
SEOrch

My preference for analysis is definitely screaming frog.
Raven or SEOrch comes in second since It's a little easier to read especially when you need to relay that info to your clients.
Keyword Rankings would be Bright Local or Rank Ranger. They give you a free trial but Bright Local has a slew of other tools that they include in the trial. Plus Myles Anderson is awesome!!

Solution
Ryan, thanks for generously sharing! I'm sure this may help to other community members.

SEOrch is a new one for me. Looks very cool!

Neil Patel has got a great free tool at Quick Sprout and yes, Raven is a monster - they pull data from a lot of the other platforms such as Majestic, Moz and so forth. They've got a 30 day free trial as do most paid tools. Also agree with others on Screaming Frog, Woorank.

BrightLocal

I found some software called Inspyder InSite. I like it because I can do sitewide spellchecks. When you go see a client and show them a bunch of spelling checks on their site, it really make you look like you did your homework. It also does link checks and a host of SEO Info.

Screaming Frog

Pingdom - So I can check website speed and see if the web developer left gigabyte size images on their home page slider!

Google
Screaming Frog
Majestic SEO
Whitespark
spyonweb.com ( Allows me to find duplicate websites for competitors)
seocentro.com
browseo
Places Scout

Chrome Tools:

Check My Links
Google Webspam Report (by Google) Not really for Audits, but I love it.

Web Developer (by Chris Pederick)

BrightLocal

I found some software called Inspyder InSite. I like it because I can do sitewide spellchecks. When you go see a client and show them a bunch of spelling checks on their site, it really make you look like you did your homework. It also does link checks and a host of SEO Info.

Screaming Frog

Pingdom - So I can check website speed and see if the web developer left gigabyte size images on their home page slider!

Eery how similar our tool sets are :)

I use InSite as well as Pingdom.

Places Scout
Majestic SEO
Moz Bar

I swear it seems like I've used them all - WooRank, BrightLocal, Raven, Moz, Screaming Frog, IBP, Traffic Travis - and I've come to the conclusion that the thirst for a better tool never abates.
What I've finally settled on using has more to do with work - flow and ease. I use Raven and BrightLocal when I am trying to win a client and they spit out great reports.
Raven incorporates GWT and BWT into its data, so I can auto update clients weekly or monthly to increase my touch points with them.

...I use Raven and BrightLocal when I am trying to win a client and they spit out great reports...

The last time I used Raven for a few months (early in 2014) I cancelled the subscription after two months or so because it seemed to be very "slow", that is, the pages seemed to load very slowly. How is it now? Is it pretty snappy?

Thanks!

The last time I used Raven for a few months (early in 2014) I cancelled the subscription after two months or so because it seemed to be very "slow", that is, the pages seemed to load very slowly. How is it now? Is it pretty snappy?

Thanks!
I canceled around the same time then came back. It seems pretty fast to me.

There are several site audit tools available, and the best tool for you may depend on your specific needs and preferences. Here are some popular options:

SEMrush - Offers a comprehensive site audit tool that analyzes various aspects of your website, including SEO, usability, and performance.

Ahrefs - Provides a detailed site audit report that includes insights into technical issues, content quality, and backlink profile.

Moz Pro - Includes a site crawl feature that helps identify technical issues and provides suggestions for improvement, as well as a content audit tool for analyzing content performance.

Google Search Console - Offers a range of free tools to help monitor and optimize website performance, including a site audit feature that identifies issues with crawling, indexing, and security.

Screaming Frog SEO Spider - A desktop application that crawls websites and provides detailed analysis of technical SEO issues, such as broken links, duplicate content, and page speed.

Ultimately, the best site audit tool for you will depend on your specific goals, budget, and level of expertise. It's worth trying out a few different tools to find the one that works best for you.

Check out Local Ranking

• GBP Audits
  • GeoGrid local rank tracking
  • Google Reviews management
  • Google Post syndication & scheduling

localranking-geogrid.jpg

Let me also insert my 2 cents.
🔍 Rush Analytics offers a comprehensive suite of tools for SEO optimization. Their platform provides a range of features, including site audit, keyword research, backlink analysis, and more. With their user-friendly interface and detailed reports, you can easily identify and resolve SEO issues.
Pros: Rush Analytics provides a holistic SEO solution, offering a wide range of tools in one platform. Their site audit feature helps uncover technical SEO issues, ensuring your website is optimized for search engines. The platform also offers actionable recommendations for improvement.
Cons: While Rush Analytics offers a wealth of features, it may be overwhelming for beginners who are new to SEO. Additionally, some advanced features may require a higher-tier subscription.
Other notable site audit tools include, as mentioned above by Andrew Sherer, SEMrush, which offers a comprehensive audit of your website's health, including technical issues, content optimization, and backlink analysis. It provides detailed reports and actionable insights. Another popular tool is of course Ahrefs, known for its robust backlink analysis capabilities. It also offers site auditing features to identify and fix technical SEO issues. Never used it for site auditing though.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom