More threads by dani

dani

Reaction score
Hi Linda,
I am still struggling with the local listing of one of my clients. I found something that bother me and I am not sure if I am thinking correctly. I hope that you can help me.

On Google Place Page of the main practice the address contain #210 on the first line. I tried several times to move it on second line, even I reported it to Google, but they haven`t change it. At the same time the duplicate listing with doctor`s name does not contain the number. Is this a problem? Also, I reported the doctor`s listing as a duplicate, but I can`t understand if Google knows, because when I am searching in Google map by phone #, only the main listing appears. When I search the name of the doctor + town, I see doctor`s listing. Is this mean that the doctor`s listing is still live?

Also, I changed the category of the main practice to be ?dentist?, and the doctor`s listing category to ?cosmetic dentist?. Is this correct, because of the keyword ?dentist? in both categories?

You've had so many questions and problems on this one. I'll try to briefly answer all the Qs in this post.

Suite on 1st line. "I tried several times to move it on second line, even I reported it to Google, but they haven`t change it."

How did you report? Should just call support and get them to fix it over the phone. In checking your other posts about this client, looks like all of us recommended calling support about that back in April.

"Also, I reported the doctor`s listing as a duplicate"

As explained in training can't report the Dr as dupe. Google won't get rid of it, need to minimize it. See below.

"but I can`t understand if Google knows, because when I am searching in Google map by phone #, only the main listing appears. When I search the name of the doctor + town, I see doctor`s listing. Is this mean that the doctor`s listing is still live?"

Yes if you can find Dr listing, that means it's still live.

It's just that as we reported here a couple weeks ago you can't find all dupes with a straight maps search now. Pigeon is hiding them.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/imprezzio-marketing-local-seo-white-label/21431-best-ways-find-duplicate-google-places-plus.html#post45991">Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon)</a>

"Also, I changed the category of the main practice to be “dentist”, and the doctor`s listing category to “cosmetic dentist”. Is this correct, because of the keyword “dentist” in both categories?"

No not correct. Almost every dentist does cosmetic dentistry and wants to rank for cosmetic dentist. Your client even refers to himself as a "cosmetic dental practice" on his site.

Your clients practice only has the cat dentist. So he's missing out on ranking for all his other keywords. There are a bunch I know he'd want to try to rank for. So the cats need to be expanded for the practice listing to cover all applicable.

As explained in training and my big Dr dupe post, the Dr listing should be minimized with a cat you DON'T want, for the main practice. I always used Dental Clinic because I'd never want the practice to rank for that one.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom