More threads by jvaquino

Reaction score
Hello good guys and gals!

So here is the situation:

I am currently working for this law firm for citation cleanup. So i did the audit and everything. Then I saw tons of citation of a Hotel/Resort that uses my client's phone #. The business name is absolutely different, but they are in the same city but different street address and zipcode.

My question is, do I need to request to delete or edit that Hotel/Resort business to display the correct business info of my client?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is, do I need to request to delete or edit that Hotel/Resort business to display the correct business info of my client?

Thanks in advance!

For sure. This is an interesting situation that we see quite often. How you attack it may depend slightly on the finer details. But for the most part your goal is to disassociate the phone number with the hotel however possible.

I would agree with Colan John, At least claim and edit the important citations that will spread the incorrect info.

We had to do this for a few businesses now. I found it best to find the hotels new phone # & correct it that way, then create a brand new listing for your clients business with all the correct information.

The reason I say this is sometimes URLs have the businesses name in them (being the hotel name) or some information can't be changed (links from other pages with the business name in it). I think Google would also lose trust in a page that hasn't had everything but the phone # changed on it.

This happened to a client of mine. Occasionally, it's not very common, the phone company will reissue a phone number already in use. For my client, they are an insurance agent and a new orthodontist received a new phone number.

Start at the source, call the phone company and tackle the issue at the root. Fixing on the top citation sites can also be a quick way to remove the hundreds of duplicates.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom