More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Casey Meraz from Ethical SEO Consulting is fast becoming one of my favorite Local bloggers.

This post is directed toward attorneys, but have a read and I think you'll find the advice applies to other local businesses as well.

<a href="http://www.lawyerseomarketing.org/local-seo/attorneys-post-pigeon-five-things-need-know/">Local SEO For Attorney's Post Pigeon: 5 Things You Need To Be Doing</a>
(Just a snippet - so click the link to read full post.)

3. Stop Thinking About The Quantity of Citations. Get Quality. Seriously.

Although a lot of my research is still in progress I am going to go out and say that I believe the value of citations have been greatly diminished. However if you were EVER getting citations JUST TO GET CITATIONS then you WERE WRONG. Getting hundreds of citations just to help your local SEO presence is the same as spamming the web. If nobody will ever see it what is the actual point? On the flip side of this getting accurate citations for your business on websites where your consumers are actually looking will do wonders for you. Not only will you get a stronger link (because the sites are trusted) you will also be seen by customers who are looking for your services. In addition to this you also can avoid any link based penalties because every one of these will be QUALITY sites. DO NOT go after Quantity. Just stop.

Great advice all the way around.

Thanks Casey!

What do you think???
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.lawyerseomarketing.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/champions-of-justice-radio-show.png">

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom