More threads by PeterL

PeterL

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post in this forum for which I hope you will be able answer my question.

I have a client who operates a health-related service in 5 local clinics in the UK.

They have an existing verified storefront page for the clinic they operate at their home. But they are keen to also be found for local searches for their service at the 4 local health clinics at which they operate one day per week. In each of these clinics they rent a room and for each one they list the NAPs for each together on a single page on their site and each clinic can take appointments. The local clinics are located in different areas in two towns spread by about a 10 mile radius.

It occurred to me that they may be better served by changing their storefront page to a SAB page, but I am unsure about which would work best for them. If they were to change, then I assume they would need to create a new SAB page, get it verified, and then once up and running delete their current storefront page. Am I right in thinking there is currently no conversion option between the two?

So, what would be the best way to run with this. Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Hi Peter and welcome!

I moved your thread to help and support since it's about a specific business.

Hopefully some of our pros will be by soon to give you some feedback.

Hi Linda, thank you for your welcome. Sorry about posting my question in the wrong forum. Looking forward to hearing what people think. Peter

No worries at all Peter. Happens all the time! :)

Just a tiny bump to ask if anyone can help on this one. Any feedback that at least resets my sails on how where to go with this would be appreciated. Thank you.

I think you didn't get a reply because this is a unique and tricky situation that does not come up often.

I believe Google would look at this similar to renting a room for a class and say that the other locations do not qualify for the G+ Local listing.

Ineligible Business Models

You also can't add a local page for an ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent. Please coordinate with your host to have your information displayed on the page for their business within their Introduction field.

It occurred to me that they may be better served by changing their storefront page to a SAB page, but I am unsure about which would work best for them. If they were to change, then I assume they would need to create a new SAB page, get it verified, and then once up and running delete their current storefront page. Am I right in thinking there is currently no conversion option between the two?

FYI having the one with service area won't help them rank in other cities. Depending on competition they will usually only rank in the city they are located in.

I think you should be able to just change the existing page because there is no way to delete the existing page per se. If you go into the screen where you can edit the address aren't there service area settings there?

Linda, I've just realised I never replied to your reply to my question. That was very remiss of me - I'm sorry.

Your answer was very helpful thank you and gave me some clarity on what I needed to do with this page - much appreciated.

Peter

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom