More threads by dje0624

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm doing some citation cleanup and building for an ent doctor. Should I use her legal business name or individual Dr name for Name in directorys and her Google Plus listing?

What do you guys recommend?

Hi dje,

1st need to search in both classic maps and map maker to see if Google already created one or both listings. Thoroughly search several ways because if she's been in practice any length of time Google likely already created listings. If no listings yet...

If it's a solo practitioner - check with her to be sure she does not have plans to add an associate - then if she plans to stay solo, that's rare case where you can do a combo name like: Practice name: Dr Name.

Let us know if both listings are already created by Google or if she does not plan to stay solo and I'll give you another strategy.

Thank you Linda,

I will check with her and respond asap on that.

I should of mentioned, and I don't know if this has any relevance, but her name and business name are very similiar.

Her name: Dr First Name
Practice name: First Name Md Pa

I have previously claimed 3 google plus profiles of hers from other offices she worked at (but no longer does). I plan on deleting these.

I had to create a google plus page for current location and had it setup as Practice name but Google changed it to Dr. First Name?

Thanks

I have previously claimed 3 google plus profiles of hers from other offices she worked at (but no longer does). I plan on deleting these.

Are you sure they are + profiles and not G+ Local pages? If G+ Local pages you can't delete need to do something else let me know.

I should of mentioned, and I don't know if this has any relevance, but her name and business name are very similiar.

Her name: Dr First Name
Practice name: First Name Md Pa

I had to create a google plus page for current location and had it setup as Practice name but Google changed it to Dr. First Name?

She has no last name in her name or practice name??? Above both times you just mention 1st name.

I'm going to move this to help and support since it's gone beyond a general question and moving into very detailed help on a specific listing.

Please share link to the G+ Local page Google change and the 3 profiles if you have any doubt that they are not G+ profiles and may be G+ L pages.

I'm sorry I didn't explain it properly.

Name: Dr First Last
Practce: First Last Md Pa

They are all google plus local pages

OK that's better, thanks.

Can't really say too much without the links to the listing.

But with that limited info I'd go with the practice name because in all the med directories and most others she'd be listed as Mary Smith MD, not Dr Mary Smith.

However you always need to do citation research before making decisions.

Thanks for all your advice Linda, that's exactly what I will do.

"I had to create a google plus page for current location and had it setup as Practice name but Google changed it to Dr. First Name?"

Now if what you are saying is that you have it set the way you want it but Google changed the live version - you can contact support and have them fix it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom