More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Wow, lots of great posts out there today. Sharing as fast as I can but can't keep up.

Here is a good one from Moz by Gianluca Fiorelli.

<a href="http://moz.com/blog/the-myth-of-googles-200-ranking-factors">The Myth of Google's 200 Ranking Factors - Moz</a>

I am not writing this post to attack people like Brian Dean, who, in August, published an update to the "complete list" that Backlinko first presented in 2013. Brian, whom I esteem, created an effective piece of link bait (as the 318 linking root domains it earned testify).

I am writing this post because those lists are, quite simply, useless and dangerous, and because I hope to help people?especially the newer generations of SEO?understand that a definitive and complete "List" of Google's ranking factors does not exist. Moreover, some of the factors that appear in those lists:

Are myths;
Are correlation factors and not causal factors;
Are presented just to reach the number of 200.

Good stuff. Head over to read the rest.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom