More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
automotive-seo-how-to-win-the-race-and-blow-past-your-competitors-8-638.jpg
(Static Image - Presentation below)​

Pubcon is on in Las Vegas. There have been a couple local sessions so far, but the majority that focus on our Local Search world are today. I will try to cover the event and share the best tips that come out of it.

Greg Gifford from AutoRevo did a great presentation yesterday. It's geared toward his niche, which is the competitive automotive world, but the tips apply to everyone.

And if you know Greg, you know his presentations are entertaining as well as being tip-filled. ENJOY!

<strong> <a href="https://www.slideshare.net/GregGifford/gifford-pub-con-vegas-2014-upload" title="Automotive SEO: How to Win the Race and Blow Past Your Competitors" target="_blank">Automotive SEO: How to Win the Race and Blow Past Your Competitors</a> </strong>
from <strong><a href="http://www.slideshare.net/GregGifford" target="_blank">Greg Gifford</a></strong>

<iframe src="//www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/39991536?rel=0" width="597" height="486" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC; border-width:1px; margin-bottom:5px; max-width: 100%;" allowfullscreen> </iframe> <div style="margin-bottom:5px"> </div>​

Stay tuned for more Pubcon Local Search gold nuggets to come your way later today...

What do you think???
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="Stay tuned for more Pubcon Local Search gold nuggets to come your way later today...">
<meta property="og:image" content="http://image.slidesharecdn.com/gifford-pubconvegas2014-upload-141007163244-conversion-gate01/95/automotive-seo-how-to-win-the-race-and-blow-past-your-competitors-8-638.jpg">

automotive-seo-how-to-win-the-race-and-blow-past-your-competitors-8-638.jpg

Thanks for sharing my slides, Linda!

No thank YOU Greg. You always have the best presentations!

Enjoy the rest of the show!

OMG. This is great, not to mention outrageously entertaining. I fell off my chair when I saw the Mutt Cutts mobile.

I have to admit - I didn't have time to watch it yet - but you made me want to now Kim! :)

"Skip with niche review providers" ?

Can anyone elaborate? For dentists and such we always see a bunch of reviews on ratemds.com. For contractors we always use Homestars. Is this saying don't bother from an SEO point of view?

One thing I'm a little concerned about is Slide 36 What We Know "Less likely to show up in map pack and organic.

Prior to Pigeon, we ranked in the top positions in the map pack as well organic. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I wonder if it be one or the other from here on out.

blow-past-your-competitors-36-638.jpg

Can anyone elaborate? For dentists and such we always see a bunch of reviews on ratemds.com. For contractors we always use Homestars. Is this saying don't bother from an SEO point of view?

Not sure about that one Kate. Maybe if heard verbal explanation would make more sense.

I wonder if he meant ones so small they never show up in 3rd party reviews on the G+ L page?

One thing I'm a little concerned about is Slide 36 What We Know "Less likely to show up in map pack and organic.

Prior to Pigeon, we ranked in the top positions in the map pack as well organic. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I wonder if it be one or the other from here on out.

Well a few months ago you could only have one or the other, not both.
I still see many that rank in both, but who knows until Pigeon settles down.

Here's a great liveblog from Bruce Clay that covers the session Greg was in.

Good stuff!

<a href="http://www.bruceclay.com/blog/pubcon-liveblog-local-search-hot-topics-and-trends/">#Pubcon Liveblog: Local Search Hot Topics and Trends</a>

I do not agree with that one. In my niche the top 3 organic listings are the only 3 showing in local pack. Post Pigeon.

The way I took it is to concentrate more on Google reviews instead of The Niche type listing.. Although I would see the others reviews helping with your overall review presence, but not as powerful as Google reviews.

I may be wrong, but that is how I understood it.

Well a few months ago you could only have one or the other, not both.
I still see many that rank in both, but who knows until Pigeon settles down.

That one confused me too, as I'm still seeing both (and actually seeing more in both specifically within the auto industry). And I'm glad not to see any of my sites in the "what not to do" bucked :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom