More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
One question that comes up a lot when it comes to schema is...

"WHAT exactly should I mark up?"

The answer is everything! From the mouth of Google!

Carrie Hill does a great job of laying it all out over at LocalU.

<a href="http://localu.org/blog/schema-markup-stand-out-crowd/">Using Schema Markup to Stand Out From the Crowd</a>

Mark Up Everything” ~Pierre Far, Google – at Pubcon 2014"

During the Q&A in the Semantic Search session at Pubcon last week, Pierre Far uttered the words quoted above. I was there and I almost applauded. I’m not going to lie – this was seriously music to my ears. Google has been telling us that markup created from Schema.org vocabulary is easy to use and helps it to better index and display your website for relevant queries...

Far indicated that schema helps Google better index your site, and better indexing could lead to better ranking and conversions. If your listing ranks well – and takes advantage of more real estate in the SERPs via rich snippets – you have the opportunity to stand out from the crowd.

One question I get a lot is “WHAT exactly should I mark up?” Great Question!

My answer has been “everything” and it’s great to hear that now Google supports that opinion...

Lots more where that came from. Head over to read all the details.

Thanks Carrie!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom