More threads by Lloyd Silver

Reaction score
I'm in need of some insight into Facebook when a business has multiple locations.

Most local businesses likely want one Facebook page. More than one is difficult to manage and they struggle as it is to get followers and engagement.

Seems like we either need to just have one page, not display the address to avoid any NAP confusion, and use it like normal. Or of course have page per location and make it more useful from an SEO perspective but more challenging to manage.

I guess you could also have one primary page that is not localized and use that for all, and then a page for each location although in this case I don't think there would be a lot of ongoing content added to those pages.

Anybody have thoughts to share?

Seems like we either need to just have one page, not display the address to avoid any NAP confusion, and use it like normal. Or of course have page per location and make it more useful from an SEO perspective but more challenging to manage.?

That's exactly what it boils down to. I would suggest creating a page for each location, if at all possible.

Come on Phil! I expect you to have the magic answer that fixes all of this!

Seems like there's always a give and take with local seo.

@Phil: Can you please just start a "Dear Phil" We could come up with complex questions and you can give us your zen answer. We all need Existential therapy from time to time.;)

---------- Post Merged at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:52 AM ----------

@ Lloyd. The only thing I see an issue with when having multiple Facebook pages is the time it takes to manage those pages. Its all great setting these pages up, but if you don't have the staff, budget and content its a waste of time.

@Phil: Can you please just start a "Dear Phil" We could come up with complex questions and you can give us your zen answer. We all need Existential therapy from time to time.;)

As long as you don't call me "Dr. Phil," I'm happy :)

The problem with having only a brand page with no NAP info is that people won't be able to write reviews, check-in at your locations, or find a location in graph search. If they can't find you, they may create a user-generated location page (possibly with bad NAP info) that you'll have to clean up later. Better to control your FB location presence from the outset.

If the traffic going to those locations are very different I would consider 2-pages. The SMB conference in Austin had Allen's Boots as an example.

They have 2 locations. One in the down-town area (Congress) that has a lot of tourist traffic. They said typically the clients who shop at that location are buying boots of the flashy variety (think neon colors, tassels and sequence) and are often good for re-targeting with ads specifically for a flashy-style of boot with their online store.

Allen's other location is located in North Austin and typically sells more 'conservative' boot types (think brown and simple) and the customers return regularly.

They found that different ad types performed better based on the location.

So if you have drastically different demographics going to the 2 locations it may be best to split it. Otherwise a single location would suffice.

Hope this helps.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom