Local Marketing Summit banner  below header new
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

What reporting tools are you using?

I'm revamping all of our reports and trying to focus more on what the client cares about than what we care about (e.g. more $$$ vs. better rankings).

Anybody have any good suggestions or favorite reporting tools you use?

I'd love to find something that can bring in data from a few places - like Analytics, GMB, FB Ads, Call Tracking, etc. but that's likely asking too much.

I've been using reports from Analytics, Bright Local, Yext, and Pro Rank Tracker in the past. Also key is being able to somewhat automate this process.

In other words, I'm looking for the holy grail of local SEO reporting.

Lloyd Silver
    Cairn Marketing

2. Local Marketing Summit banner in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: What reporting tools are you using?

Sounds like we're consistently in the same boat. Have you tried Raven yet? I started the trial but haven't committed much time to it yet.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I did the same thing with a trial a few months ago. What does that say? About us or the tool?

It looks great and has a good rep. I'm curious what it offers for local SEO. I don't think there's any direct Google My Business integration but that's not the end of the world.

It might be the most comprehensive.

Lloyd Silver
    Cairn Marketing

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

You should check out Swydo, they are about as robust as I have seen.
    Chris Pistorius
    KickStart Dental Marketing
    www.KickStartDental.com

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

One of the reporting tools I use is called Megalytics. They provide a different perspective on Google Analytics reporting that my clients really like. It seems a little more user friendly for them than GA, which is why I think they like it.

I use Raven too and use some of their social reports for clients.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I've been using gShift Labs for the past eight months and have found them to be a great asset in my quiver.

I can schedule the automated creation and delivery of monthly seo reports and ranking reports for 100+ clients. It pulls the clients GA, GWMT, social media signals and keyword rankings and puts together a professional looking report that I can go into and edit (add descriptions and explanations) for the client.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I guess all clients need different reporting. But for us we're trying to really simplify things for most of our clients because they're all super busy. They just want to know if you're moving on the needle on the things that matter.

My advice would be to continually simplify. Focus on the things that ultimately matter to your client's business. Rankings are useless. Detailed blabber that's not actionable is useless. Reporting on all the 'stuff' you did really doesn't matter. You gotta be moving the needle on SOMETHING and that's all you should be reporting on unless the client specifically asks for more.

In the end I think we've irritated clients more by giving them more details than less. Simplify! Instead of looking for another 'tool', why not develop the best, one page report that just KILLS it. Something that's personal and built by a real human being and that the client can digest in 5 minutes. When they come away from it they should say "DAMN! Money well spent!" without wading through 40 pages of rankings and all the rest.

Just my opinion from what most of my clients appreciate.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Personal I Love using Cognitive SEO

Not much else to say

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I recently started using Moz Tools. I tried them years ago and wound up not sticking with it. I did the free 30 day trial and signed up as the information they provide is very detailed. Almost too much.

It's $99/mo to track 5 sites. They have other packages too. I do think it's a little pricey but it seems to be one of the better ways to track a number of on-site and off-site metrics in one place. I almost feel there is too much information available.

What it has helped me to do is give me a benchmark/starting point with # of errors and such and allow me to show progress over time. I am now able to better justify the time I'm spending on certain things. I have not used it long enough to see how these efforts are working out but they offer a bunch of tools important to SEO's that comes with the subscription.

---------- Post Merged at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:00 PM ----------

I forgot to add, I also find using heat maps to be a great tool as well as reporting metric to see actual events taking place on your client sites. All it requires is an export or a screen shot of the heat map and you can make suggestions, recommendations, etc. based on them. Very easy to report on and only requires you to analyze and come up with some thoughts.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iFuse View Post
    You should check out Swydo, they are about as robust as I have seen.
    FYI I looked into Swydo and they said they did nothing specific to local. Hoping to be able to pull in some kind of local metrics.

---------- Post Merged at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisauman View Post
    I guess all clients need different reporting. But for us we're trying to really simplify things for most of our clients because they're all super busy. They just want to know if you're moving on the needle on the things that matter.

My advice would be to continually simplify. Focus on the things that ultimately matter to your client's business. Rankings are useless. Detailed blabber that's not actionable is useless. Reporting on all the 'stuff' you did really doesn't matter. You gotta be moving the needle on SOMETHING and that's all you should be reporting on unless the client specifically asks for more.

In the end I think we've irritated clients more by giving them more details than less. Simplify! Instead of looking for another 'tool', why not develop the best, one page report that just KILLS it. Something that's personal and built by a real human being and that the client can digest in 5 minutes. When they come away from it they should say "DAMN! Money well spent!" without wading through 40 pages of rankings and all the rest.

Just my opinion from what most of my clients appreciate.
    So . . . is there a took out there that can do this? I know, not exactly what you're saying, but a tool that we could completely customize but hooks into the various APIs would be well received.

Lloyd Silver
    Cairn Marketing