Local Marketing Summit banner  below header new
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Reputation Mang. for Medical Doctor

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Rep Mang. consultant or company with a focus on MD's. Doctor was target of bad reviews from one person over a 1 year period. At the time she was not managing her online reputation so you can imagine the mess that has been created. Thanks in advance.

2. GradeUs in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Reputation Mang. for Medical Doctor

That's a tough one, Justin. I don't know of any good ORM companies for doctors.

What are the specific problems your client is grappling with?

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Phil. Long story short, Doctor went through a tough period in her life, made some "not so good" decisions and has been trying to correct the situation. The Doctor only has bad reviews on Vitals (3 stars), while the rest of the main citation sites (healthgrades, Yelp, GMB etc..) have nothing. My concern is that the doctor wants to start building profiles with positive reviews, but I know its going to open up a small hornets nest. She is going to have to be ready to respond to negative reviews. The plan right now is to gain control of all the top tier citations, GMB, and website and come up with a plan of action for responding to reviews, while at the same time building up natural positive reviews. I'm wondering how transparent this doctor should be when responding to negative reviews. Should the Doctor say, "Hey everyone, I really messed up and I'm sorry I am here to make it better". A little more background...This is a small town and the doctor is a Family Practitioner.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Oh man, that's a tough one, Justin. I guess it depends on what the "bad decisions" were, as far as they affected the doctor's patients.

For instance, if she was going through a messy divorce and was cranky toward patients, she does deserve to be knocked a little for lack of professionalism, but she can make up for a lot of it just by explaining.

Most people can relate and are pretty forgiving.

If at all possible, I'd try to explain whatever happened. Sure, the doc's reputation won't be like-new, but it's better than not addressing the issue at all. If nothing else, it shows the doc cares.