More threads by jordianis

Reaction score
Can someone share their experience as to where or how they would perform an audit to a website, are there some indicators someone can share just so that I know what I am doing, thanks

Here is a super comprehensive advanced post on how to do a Local SEO audit.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/local-search/24573-how-perform-ultimate-local-search-engine-optimization.html">How to Perform the Ultimate Local SEO Audit</a>

This popped up in my Google+ stream.

How to Perform Your First SEO Audit | Search Engine Journal

Here's the beginning of this three page post.

SEO has existed in some form or another for almost two decades, and I’ve had a front row seat to it all. You could say Google and I have had a pretty intimate relationship for the majority of my career; we’ve been through a lot together.
P1010009-380x507.jpg
Matt Cutts embracing me with a special “link” at Pubcon 2007

However, much has changed in the past 15 years: keyword utility has been heavily modified, link building for just backlinks became less important (disclosure: I made and lost a ton of cash in the linking business), social links as signals increased, quality content and semantics became increasingly substantial, and most recently, mobile-friendliness became a ranking factor-and that’s just scratching the surface.

Head over to read the rest...

Zara,

The resources mentioned so far are great. If you're looking for something to cover just the basics in an easy to follow layout, we built... (Link and self promotion removed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get... (Self promotion removed - not allowed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

The initial question was HOW to perform an audit - as in what kind of things are you looking for when you review a client's site. Please stop self-promoting your own tools unless you can actually explain what it's doing and how it will help. Running a site through a web tool doesn't really help someone understand what factors are important or how they could help their own clients. Please see the forum rules if you have questions - Forum Rules

If there's any great checklists or resources out there, go for it and submit (explain it a little bit), but please make it a more constructive dialogue.

Thanks Eric, I edited out the self promotion in the 2 posts above.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom