More threads by Goku770

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a couple questions

1. Does having a toll free number, 888, or 866 number instead of using a phone number with a local area code (cell phone number) affect local rankings?

I have heard mixed opinions on this. I think I heard somthing about a google number being bad.

2. Will having a redirect number that redirects to my cell phone affect local rankings?

1) Might depend somewhat on business type.

For instance a hotel has a reason to have 800#. But most truly local businesses don't need an 800 cuz all customers are local.

But if for some reason you need to use one I recommend 800 in a graphic on top for customers. Local # in NAP in footer.

2) Guidelines say: "Provide a phone number that connects to your individual business location as directly as possible"

Best to stick to guidelines and not do forwarding number if possible.

Blake,

I'm curious why you say land lines. I have quite a few SAB clients who use their cellphones as their primary business number.

Lynda,

I'm starting a new business (moving company) in a major metropolitan area. I have an 844 toll free number I was going to use for our main number. Do you recommend for nap and citation purposes that I stick with a local number? And keep the 844 number to our trucks and at the top of our site as an image?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom