More threads by Goku770

Reaction score
I have a question,

Is it important to have the location in your business name or domain name?
I have heard mixed things on this. I have also seen businesses that have location in their domain or business name and rank really well.

Short answer: It depends.

If the purpose of adding the location to the domain name for the sake of adding it for "SEO," then I wouldn't do it. If it's an established business and has been around for a while, then I wouldn't recommend it.

If the business is new, and doesn't have a presence, then I would consider doing this. Again, it really depends on the branding for the business. If you add a city name to the business name, does it make sense, rhyme, or have a jingle to it? If it doesn't fit, then it doesn't fit.

Hope that helps.

I would not change name or domain just to please Google. Especially since she could change her mind tomorrow.

Plus, in general changing name can hurt more than help!

But yes, those that already have location in name or domain rank well if everything else is optimized well.

But it's not a silver bullet. For every biz in a large metro, ranking high, you'll find 10 others with city in name or domain that are not on page one at all.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom