More threads by jarod b

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a web designer, and I want to start providing more value to clients, but the problem is I don't know how to tell if a client's lead came from website traffic. If anyone can elaborate on how leads are tracked through website traffic, it would be awesome. This is a question I've been asking myself for a good 2 weeks now since I was first told to look into lead generation.

Also I don't know any SEO jargons (and barely know what a campain means in terms of business marketing and sales), so please explain those if you bring up any in your comments. I'm new to the SEO thing.

Another note is I debated on where to post this thread, so I figured the consultants corner would be the place to come to since I would be consulting and doing the seo service in the future.

EDIT:
I noticed I might be referring to online leads. I am talking about offline leads too.

I'm not sure there's a short answer to the question you're asking. It primarily depends on the business model of what a lead or conversion is.

I suggest you start here: SEO: The Free Beginner?s Guide From Moz

If you want to start providing local SEO services immediately, you can team up with someone or find white label services where they'll do the work but provide reports with your name so the client isn't confused.

Meanwhile, install google analytics and claim ownership with google webmaster tools ASAP if you haven't already.

Answers only come quickly during normal US business hours here. You can also join the Local Search G+ community.

Okay, I won't read tonight since it's 2:20am, but will tomorrow after I come from a workshop. But I have a concern. Is there a way I can do the SEO on my own and be able to rank my client's website without having to come out of pocket?

If you want to offer services, you need to be able to speak somewhat intelligently about them. Many business owners will not understand the jargon. Figure out the best way to explain what you do. Come up with a great elevator pitch.

This is of course, after you understand what SEO is about and how to do it. You shouldn't be laying money out of your pocket. There are many ways to achieve results. What it should cost you is time but you should be getting paid for it. Remember, SEO is not an overnight process.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom