More threads by Goku770

Reaction score
Ahh! need advice on this! two business one address

How do I go about this? I want to start a new business, but I already have a current business listed at my home address. What would you do or recommend? What Im basically getting at is somehow I need a new address to use for my other business. I've heavily researched about having two business at one address, but some say its ok and some say its not a good idea. My businesses are both completely different with different phone numbers . I just dont want to ruin my local seo efforts on my first site.

So please, what would you do? How do I get a new address?

Re: Ahh! need advice on this! two business one address

What specific industry is each one in?

Will you be running them both?

My first one is lawn service and I want to make a second one that offers sign spinning services.
Yes ill be running both, but should I have someone else in charge of the other?

No need to have someone else in charge. Just trying to understand real world, who'd do the work and answer the phone.

With really small businesses that are run from home like this, it's really hard to have 2 local listings. I don't think this will fly.

But I also don't think a local pack even shows in most cities for sign spinners, so no point in even doing a listing that may jeopardize your main listing.

Best to just optimize a website for local.

Ive noticed that most sign spinners companys do not have their listings optimized for local. Like they dont optimize for google local or google places, or even have any of these. They advertise for many cities. I have noticed they have the major citations though.

Do you think it would be ok if i kept my first listing for the lawn business, and then do what the sign companies did to get optimized?

Is having two businesses at one address only bad if you try to do local seo on both of them?
Example: Have a google places account for one business and optimize it. Then for the other business, do more of an organic national apporach.

I have seen websites have first page rankings under location+keyword searches in google. These websites dont have a google places balloon nor do they list their address on their website, they only have the city.

Hey Goku, not sure you realize but this is the 4th new thread you've started about 2 businesses at the same address. Please keep the the same or related questions in one thread and just add to an existing one.

I merged the new post above into the most recent thread you already had on the topic.

Goku,

I would not use the same location. We've tried that before with a different phone number and business and it didn't work. One stayed ranked, the other didn't pop up at all. But then again, this was before Pigeon.

I would suggest doing your keyword research for your new business. Once this is done, look at the SERP's for those keywords. Does the local pack show up for any of those keywords? If not, you don't need a Google My Business (GMB) Page. You could also still create citations though on sites that may get you legitimate traffic, like Yelp. But keep in mind Google may crawl those sites and open up a listing for you without you noticing.

Lots of things to keep in mind.

My advice would be to just ignore GMB and optimize your website instead.

Ok thank you for the reply.
What does everybody recommened? Using the same address is out of the question. Now should I do a virtual address? What are other ways to obtain addresses?

Virtual addresses are not allowed either.

Like Joshua, my advice would be to just ignore GMB for the 2nd business and optimize your website to try to rank in organic.

Plus as I said earlier, I don't think a local pack even shows in most cities for sign spinners, so no point in even doing a listing that may jeopardize your main listing. So again that leaves you with just trying to rank in organic if there is no pack.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom