More threads by Rich Owings

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a couple of clients who post a lot of photos to Facebook, sometimes with no text, sometimes with a sentence or two. Their websites have very few pages (10 or so).

I've thought about setting them up with a blog to post the type of content they post to FB, and then automatically pushing it to social media. Theoretically this gives them fresh content on their site, more pages indexed, etc., but if they end up with hundreds of pages with just a photo and maybe a sentence or two, will this result in a thin content penalty?

Anyone have any insights to share?

Hi Rich,

I don't think you'll receive any sort of "penalty" for a strategy like that, but in my opinion it most likely won't be of much benefit either. Setting up a blog is definitely a step in the right direction and I would definitely do that. Rather than just posting single photos though, I would really try to convince them to commit to posting regularly with text and photos. Doing a weekly roundup of sorts with plenty of text related to their business/industry/area would probably go a long way.

I agree. And they are posting a lot of photos to Facebook, with multiple photos per post and multiple posts per project. So if I can get them to write about the projects too, it would be ideal.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom