More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
Is anyone noticing issues in getting citations from Moz onto sites such as YP and Manta, for example, with a business that uses a cell phone number as their primary business number? I'm wondering if the business is somehow being punished for having a cell phone as the main number. Thoughts?

I'm sure others will weigh in on this, but since you were specifically talking about citations, I have moved this over to that section to get more eyes on it.

Nope. As long as the phone number has the local area code, there is absolutely no difference between a mobile number and a landline number for a business. Just make sure it's consistently present in all of your citations and you're good to go.

We have many clients (as well as our own company) that uses a cell number as their main business number with no problems at all.

I also use my cell phone number as my only number.I've never had an issue with it.

How about issues when a cell phone has been added as an additional phone number in a GMB listing? Or I guess any additional number listed there.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom