More threads by David Deering

Reaction score
When a person searches Google for a brand, Google is now showing the brand's latest Google+ posts and a button to follow the brand on their Google+ business page (you must be signed in to Google in order to see the follow button). Here's a link to the article that discusses the new feature: The Nuclear Option: Google's Tricky Maneuver to Force Brands to Use the Google+ Social Network

This makes it even more important for brands not only to be on Google+ but to regularly post new content to their pages. It doesn't seem like this feature is being used yet for smaller brands and companies, though, but hopefully it will be soon.

Thanks, David.

Google could be trickier: They could show the "Follow" button even when you're not signed in, and then shove the signup in your face once you click the button. Then again, maybe that's too bare-knuckle even for Google!

Thanks, David.

Google could be trickier: They could show the "Follow" button even when you're not signed in, and then shove the signup in your face once you click the button. Then again, maybe that's too bare-knuckle even for Google!

Ha, they sure could, Phil! And who knows, it may come to that soon. Either way, Google is basically telling businesses "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".

Yeah, there's definitely that quid pro quo element. Although I feel like they're the Borg, trying to assimilate us all.

borg.jpg

borg.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom