More threads by Ex Lurker

Reaction score
When searching for lets say painters you enter keywords and towns and you should get good serps, but since the last google update/refresh around 10/18/14 I have noticed that when entering the keywords with the towns a lot of businesses are not showing up, and I tried this from different locations and IPs.

It seems like only a few KWs will come up with the towns being entered in the search, but when I enter just the KWs from different locations all is good like it was pre 10/18/14

This may help with some missing sites, as I thought my site was hit by a penalty and was MIA.

I also noticed that a few days ago for a few days that when entering KWs and towns it was back to pre 10/18/14 form.

Any insights? When this will be back to pre 10/18/14 form as far as entering KWs and towns and showing up.

Good Day All!

Hey Ex Lurker, sorry, but not exactly sure what you mean.

I think you are referring to a search like Dallas Painter or Dallas Plumber??? Is that right?

"I have noticed that when entering the keywords with the towns a lot of businesses are not showing up"

Sorry I can see different things you could mean. Do you mean some biz that were in the pack before are not - others are instead? Or do you mean some are not in pack at all for example the 7 pack is now a 3 pack?

"It seems like only a few KWs will come up with the towns being entered in the search"

Hmmm... only a few KWs come up? Do you mean some KWs are now not showing a pack at all and they were before?

Think it would help if you told us the exact KW phase including city and then explain more about the before and after differences?

"I think you are referring to a search like Dallas Painter or Dallas Plumber??? Is that right?"
Yes.

In the organic serps I noticed that when entering the towns with the keywords a lot of sites are not ranking as well as they were prior to 10/18/14 But when entering just the keywords, sites are ranking as well as pre 10/18/14

Oh in organic? Thought you meant the pack.

Sorry I have not noticed that change.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom