More threads by DavidProHQ

Reaction score
I have a client that has two Google+ business pages (besides the primary G+ business page) we don't have access to. One was from some media/hosting company that does the "SEO" for you. I'm not sure where the other G+ business page came from, but it's not accessible.

How can I get these pages deleted? Do I report to Google that someone is impersonating my business?

Thank you for your help!

Hi David,

It depends on the type of G+ page. Are these verified local G+ pages, unverified local pages or brand pages?

Thanks Colan, I was wondering the same.

David, often even pro consultants don't know what type of page it is or think it's a different type than it really is. We can't really advise without knowing for sure cuz every situation is different.

So for example if it's really a G+ Local page which is what people come here asking about, you can't do the impersonation thing you have to take a totally different path.

So if you are comfortable sharing links so we can double check, that would be best.
Tell us which is the main one you manage and which are the 2 that are the problem.

David,

The two "not-verified" pages, if you don't have access to them will need to be reported for impersonation, like you mentioned. That's currently the only way to attempt to get rid of them. As far as we know, these types if pages shouldn't affect the ranking of the main practice verified page.

Other not-verified - https://plus.google.com/u/2/112214508067781281458/about

Other not-verified - https://plus.google.com/u/2/102747120339302420395/about

Regarding the Dr. Page. According to the website, it looks like there are two dentists at this practice. Can you confirm that before we advise on what to do?

https://plus.google.com/117267417515572163783/about - Dr page.

I was checking the rules and it told me to check the categories, seeing that the question i was going to ask was probably already asked, which is the case here, pretty much anyways.

I am noticing that most of clients i am working with have a verified GMB page but they have no clue who set it up, therefore no Login details.
I have been told that if you don't have the access or recovery, you are just out of luck.

Is this true?Does it not matter that the client can prove that the business location verified on the GMB page, is actually his?

Any help greatly appreciated.

You can call G support and get control of it. First, attempt to claim it in whatever account you're using. It may say that someone else has ownership of that listing. Make the request to transfer ownership by filling out the info G will ask for. Wait about a week. If you don't hear anything from the account that has ownership, then call G support while logged into the account you want to use for ownership. After explaining the situation to the rep, they will call the business to verify some info and make sure it's okay for you to get control. After that, the rep should be able to take care of everything over the phone. I've had to do this several times and works every time.

Good luck.

The two "not-verified" pages, if you don't have access to them will need to be reported for impersonation, like you mentioned. That's currently the only way to attempt to get rid of them. As far as we know, these types if pages shouldn't affect the ranking of the main practice verified page.

Regarding the Dr. Page. According to the website, it looks like there are two dentists at this practice. Can you confirm that before we advise on what to do?

https://plus.google.com/117267417515572163783/about - Dr page.

From my experience, reporting those not-verified pages as impersonation won't do much. But, as Colan pointed out, these should not interfere with your main listing and should fall off in time. I would definitely call support to gain access to the main verified listing following what Scott outlined. It would be best not to un-verify and re-verify since it will loose some equity, but when clients don't keep track of their logins, unfortunately, that's all we can do.

I would check with the client first though, because it looks like they posted to it today, so maybe they just don't realize they have access, which happens with clients I work with all the time. Unless you already got access and i'm just late to the party!:D

As far as the Dr. Page -- The site/business may have changed since Colan's last response, but it looks to me like there is only one doctor operating out of this practice. Therefore, once you have access to the main verified page and since the recent GMB guideline update, I would explain to support that this is a sole practitioner and ask them to merge the two. Once they are merged reference the Dr's name on the main page like this; Coastal Dental Arts, Dr. Dave Chotiner. There are also some reviews on that page you'll want to make sure move with the merge.

Hope that helps!

thank you so much to everybody for reply back so quickly. Awesome resource to have:)

From my experience, reporting those not-verified pages as impersonation won't do much. But, as Colan pointed out, these should not interfere with your main listing and should fall off in time. I would definitely call support to gain access to the main verified listing following what Scott outlined. It would be best not to un-verify and re-verify since it will loose some equity, but when clients don't keep track of their logins, unfortunately, that's all we can do.

I would check with the client first though, because it looks like they posted to it today, so maybe they just don't realize they have access, which happens with clients I work with all the time. Unless you already got access and i'm just late to the party!:D

As far as the Dr. Page -- The site/business may have changed since Colan's last response, but it looks to me like there is only one doctor operating out of this practice. Therefore, once you have access to the main verified page and since the recent GMB guideline update, I would explain to support that this is a sole practitioner and ask them to merge the two. Once they are merged reference the Dr's name on the main page like this; Coastal Dental Arts, Dr. Dave Chotiner. There are also some reviews on that page you'll want to make sure move with the merge.

Hope that helps!

Great advice, thanks Christa. Yes, I only see one Dr as well.

The one thing I would do 1st though, because Google is so unforgiving on name changes and it can mess you up for months. Double check with Dr. to be sure he plans to stay solo for the foreseeable future. Because you don't want to change name now, then change again in a year if he's planning to bring in an associate or partner.

I am noticing that most of clients i am working with have a verified GMB page but they have no clue who set it up, therefore no Login details.
I have been told that if you don't have the access or recovery, you are just out of luck.

Is this true?Does it not matter that the client can prove that the business location verified on the GMB page, is actually his?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Welcome Walter! Scott and Justin gave you great advice and what you were told is simply not true.

Here are the complete instructions from Google if you want it straight from the horse's mouth.

thank you so much to everybody for reply back so quickly. Awesome resource to have:)

Yes our members ROCK and we are always happy to help! :)

With regards to those 2 un-verified pages, (https://plus.google.com/u/2/112214508067781281458/about) (https://plus.google.com/u/2/102747120339302420395/about) those are unverified business pages. You could call G support and ask them to remove them, but they shouldnt hurt your business or listings either way. Business pages, especially un-verified ones, are looked at differently than Local, verified pages. I wouldnt spend much time trying to get those removed.

Christa gave some spot on advice in this thread as well. Stick with that and you should be fine.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom