More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
Will Scott offers a few basics to follow when your setting up GMB pages for a medical practice and/or practitioners. Setting up your GMB properly can eliminate any headaches that might arise. Linda also covers this in detail in her advanced training. Money well spent. And here is her post at the forum:

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-duplicates-merges/864-overcoming-google-practitioner-duplicate-listing-problems-dentists-attorneys.html">Overcoming Google Practitioner Duplicate Listing Problems for Dentists, Attorneys</a>

How Medical Practices & Practitioners Should Set Up Google My Business

It's common for multiple medical practitioners to work at a single location, so columnist Will Scott advises how to set up Google My Business so each practitioner is his or her own "brand."

Businesses filled with multiple front-facing professionals and departments, like law firms and hospitals or medical practices, might struggle at times to understand the best way to handle how customers view them online.

This gets especially tricky when trying to manage Google Plus pages properly, as there are many guidelines and best practice solutions that one should adhere to when using the Google My Business product.

Re: Google My Business for medical Practices & Practitioners in 2015

Thanks for sharing that one Justin. I was just getting ready to, so great minds think alike!

Wanted to add my comment from over there too, for anyone new to the forum that does not already know this.

One other issue for folks to be aware of:

Additional listings even if legit practitioner listings, will almost always hurt rankings. Google usually won't rank multiple listings for the same in the pack. She'll pick one - and often it's not the main practice listing that wins. Sometimes it just blocks any of them from ranking.

They can hurt the main practice listing in other ways too. Very often, especially since Pigeon, a bare empty unclaimed practitioner listing with 1 review will knock the main practice listing you WANT to rank out of the pack and replace it. Then client is upset because their beautiful listing for Alpine Dental with all the review stars is gone and John Smith DDS with 1 review and no stars is there instead. That can also fracture the review profile and pts start leaving reviews on the Dr listing that should be on the practice listing.

Since Google won't let you delete practitioner listings I developed a strategy to "MINIMIZE" them.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-duplicates-merges/864-overcoming-google-practitioner-duplicate-listing-problems-dentists-attorneys.html">Overcoming Google Practitioner Duplicate Listing Problems for Dentists, Attorneys</a>

All the consultants that have tried it tell me it works well. And I ran it by Google Local management and they agreed the strategy makes sense.

Typically when I do ranking troubleshooting because the practice won't rank, and I minimize the practitioner listing (providing that's the only ranking problem) the listing pops back up within 2 weeks. That's a pretty fast win in terms of local ranking fixes.

Hope that helps anyone struggling with displaced practice listings in the local pack.

What do you think? Have you heard of and tried my "minimize" strategy???

All the consultants that have taken my training and have tried it (and that's a lot) tell me it works wonders.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom