Here is the Q & A log from the Local Onsite Optimization Best Practices Webinar.

It's so long I had to do a separate post. I stripped out all the email addresses and tried to strip out most of the comments that were just about sound quality or whatever.

Colan and I were responsible for all the A: answers, but the file does not indicate which of us was answering and sometimes we both were typing at same time so there are double answers. So if you need further clarification on one of our answers, please ask in the main thread linked above.

Can't spend any more time on this, so the formatting is not ideal, but it's readable.

Q & A CHAT LOG

Q: This reminds me of Romper Room "I see Susy in Cincinatti, Mary in Maryland", etc.. LOL[Tim Colling]
A: LOL Tim!

Audience Question:
Q: Please talk about how Google has change the seven pack to the 2 or 3 pack and how to adapt to that[Allan Fine]
A: Good Q. If they don't get to it, post is here and we'll answer after the event: Local Onsite Optimization Best Practices Webinar with 4 Local Search Experts

Q: Can you describe onsite tasks specifically?[Columbia Jones]

Audience Question:
Q: Is it good to try for citations in other countries, for example should a Canadian company try to make citations in USA?[Jo Ann McLellan]
A: If the directory site supports your country, go for it!

Audience Question:
Q: ok, thanks for that and also WHo are the Canadian Aggregators aside from Factual.com?[Jo Ann McLellan]
A: yellowpages.ca is the big one

Q: thoughts on best practices for blogging? also, are rich snippets work implementing?[Courtney Rodrigue]

Audience Question:
Q: what are some good website audit sites?[Derrick O'Keefe]
A: Here's a good resource - http://www.localsearchforum.com/loca...dit-tools.html

Audience Question:
Q: Has the importance dropped any in keyword optimizing meta title/description tags?[Chris Ratchford]
A: The importance hasn't dropped. I think what's changed is the way that they need to be optimized. For example, meta description should be optimized as a call-to-action, not for keywords..

Q: That's what I was afraid of ;-)[Chris Ratchford]

Q: can we get a copy of the check list[Pete kici]

Audience Question:
Q: what is KPI?[Andrew Mendel]
A: Online metrics to track

Q: Mike Ramsey mentioned that on-page should be done before local listings, link building etc. Is that correct? On-page should be done first?[Adam Wright]

Q: What tools do you use for the website audit? for 138 points?[Margaret McSeveney]

Q: would matt be willing to share this checklist with us?[George Kanakis]

Q: Is it true that it's not recommended to use tags on blogs?[Karla Donaire]

Audience Question:
Q: what is KPI?[Andrew Mendel]
A: Key Performance Indicator

Q: key performance indicator[Brendan Van Zile]

Audience Question:
Q: can we see your 138 point checklist? [Brendan Van Zile]
A: Sorry I'm buried with Qs and missed. WHICH speaker said it?

Q: matthew h[Brendan Van Zile]

Audience Question:
Q: what do you use to measure conversion rate?[Tyler O'Brien]
A: We use Google Analytics for the most part

Audience Question:
Q: does anyone have an audit check list he/she is willing to share? matt mentioned he checked for over 100 items![Valerie M]
A: Excellent post by Casey Meraz: “How to Perform the Ultimate Local SEO Audit” Link >>> How to Perform the Ultimate Local SEO Audit - Moz

Audience Question:
Q: Matthew Hunt spoke about the site audit checklist[George Kanakis]
A: Will try to get after event and if so will post it here: Local Onsite Optimization Best Practices Webinar with 4 Local Search Experts

Q: Neighborhood-relevant content as in custom landing pages for each suburb?[Wil Cleaveland]

Audience Question:
Q: What are the "packs"? All I know is the 6 pack[john harrison]
A: It refers to how many local results display on a SERP. 7-Pack = 7 listings.

Audience Question:
Q: What are the "packs"? All I know is the 6 pack[john harrison]
A: Usually 7 pack or 3 pack. It's the LOCAL Google results.

Audience Question:
Q: What is the best way to take a neighborhood focus with your strategy? Specific pages on the site catering to each neighborhood in your service area?[Rachel Pratt]
A: I think that would be a great step, yes

Audience Question:
Q: They keep talking about Local content. Is it the keywords in blogs that show that a blog/company is local?[Evan White]
A: It generally refers to content that is relevant to the city or neighborhood that the busines is located in..

Audience Question:
Q: What are your opinions on multi-page versus one page websites?[Tyler O'Brien]
A: I never see one page sites in local. Google needs more content than that ideally. Contact us and about us are important for local.

Audience Question:
Q: How important are KML files to assisting with your Google My Business rankings?[Earl Gardner]
A: Used to be stressed more than it is today. Not sure how strong a signal it is these days.

Q: are sitemaps still essential to getting your website crawled properly?[Tyler O'Brien]

Q: Yes, a little [Marina Kurtz]

Audience Question:
Q: any suggestion for a good wp template for location landing pages that are properly optimized? need for multiple location business[vickie griffith]
A: Don Campbell's SmallBiz Theme is good, no time to find link now.

Audience Question:
Q: Is it worth it for us to go out of our way to include city names or neighborhood names in all blog post titles, e.g., "new advances in dementia treatment in Leucadia" vs just "new advances in dementia treatment" [Tim Colling]
A: I think the problem with that is it might look "funny" to Google if ALL blogs had the same descriptor. I would consider inserting it in a more natural way..whatever that may be

Audience Question:
Q: How do you adapt to the fact that the seven pack in some cases has now become the two or three pack, where your client was number 4 before [Allan Fine]
A: Rank higher?

Q: what is the svc. which sends users to a site for testing?[J C]

Q: You folks should check out vsee.com. It is a much better video/voice/collaboration software[Gary Brown]

Audience Question:
Q: How do you adapt to the fact that the seven pack in some cases has now become the two or three pack, where your client was number 4 before [Allan Fine]
A: Sorry that was tongue in cheek but cheeky Linda ;-)

Audience Question:
Q: what is the priority level of creating/adding landing pages vs. doing smaller and quicker on site seo?[Robin Mordini]
A: I think it would epend on how important it is to get the site visible in those service areas..

Audience Question:
Q: Don Campbell's SmallBiz Theme link - https://www.expand2web.com/smallbiz-theme/[Mike Hansen]
A: Thanks so much Mike!

Q: I'd love to see them talk about schema.org orgaization microdata *placement* - i.e., whether to include it in the footer of every page, vs. only including it on the "Contact Us" page to avoid "duplicate content" issues, or what.[Tim Colling]

Audience Question:
Q: Can we get a link to Mike's ideal local landing page?[Kim McConnell]
A: I think this is the one he is referring to - Anatomy of an Optimal Local Landing Page Infographic | Nifty Marketing

Audience Question:
Q: Can you share Mike's infographic link?[Albert Salinas]
A: Anatomy of an Optimal Local Landing Page Infographic | Nifty Marketing

Audience Question:
Q: what classifies local content?[Alex Alvarez]
A: Content related to the area that the business is located in and/or services.

Audience Question:
Q: Can you share thoughts on how Schema/Structured data affects search results?[Ryan Hill]
A: We talk schema later in the webinar

Q: Can we take up a collection and get Gyi a real mic?[Bryan Heckler]

Audience Question:
Q: if I'm ranking well with one site, is it worth adding a landing page?[Courtney Rodrigue]
A: Is it single location? Why would you want a landing page?

Audience Question:
Q: will having multiple domains with relevant keywords pointing to a main domain name help or hurt a businesses ranking?[Tyler O'Brien]
A: It depends on the quality of the domains that are linking to the main domain.

Audience Question:
Q: I would have a question, is there a best way to get reviews? We currently have Ok reviews but it's hard to get more.[Lisa J]
A: What do you currently do for your review strategy?

Audience Question:
Q: I would have a question, is there a best way to get reviews? We currently have Ok reviews but it's hard to get more.[Lisa J]
A: That's a whole other webinar. We've done them before. This one is about the site and that q is more about GMB. Feel free to start a new thread at the local search forum in the review section: Google+ Local Reviews

Q: That kind of thing[Allan Fine]

Audience Question:
Q: Single location. We are first page rank, but I would like to get higher on the first page… how do I get the boost we need?[Courtney Rodrigue]
A: Not enough time here plus we also can't usually give the best answers by just guessing as each case is unique. Please post in our help forum with details and link to listing: Help & Support for Google Local

Q: perfect - thanks! [Courtney Rodrigue]

Audience Question:
Q: Does anyone have a breakdown for local map listings as far as the relevance of each component IE: 10% the Google plus page itself, 10% the website the page is pointing to, 15%, the back links going to that page and how the page is ranking[Allan Fine]
A: Like this? - Local Search Ranking Factors 2014 - Local SEO and How to Rank in Google - Moz

Audience Question:
Q: is a subpage, subdomain, and landing page all the same thing?[Robin Mordini]
A: No all are different somewhat. It's like yes they are all a fruit but one is apple, one is orange

Audience Question:
Q: one reason to have city landing pages (sub-pages?) for a one-location business would be where that is a SAB and they provide service in multiple nearby cities (like we have here in north San Diego County). Right?[Tim Colling]
A: Right!

Audience Question:
Q: How do you feel about utilizing something like Moz Local? Is it worth doing? Or, Is it better to submit to local directories separately?[Samantha Seligsohn]
A: The answer to this can only really be found by doing some research into MozLocal and finding out if it suits your needs.

Audience Question:
Q: what do you mean "internal linking"[Courtney Rodrigue]
A: linking from one page on your site to another page in your site.

Audience Question:
Q: 1 Business 9 Locations, should we have unique location pages and G+ pointing to each one or all point to home page?[Albert Salinas]
A: Different opionons on this. Linda and many others say location pages - Phil Rozek says home page.

Q: I use Mozlocal... to me it's worth the $80 instead of having to work with client on claiming Localeze/Infogroup/Acxiom listings (requires phone verfications and can't have the same IP address)[Chris Ratchford]

Q: okay, so no 'dead end' pages?[Courtney Rodrigue]

Audience Question:
Q: what advice can you give for a business location that has multiple high ticket services and products?[Margaret McSeveney]
A: There are too many Qs for us to go into QA on complicated cases during webinar. And we also can't usually give the best answers by just guessing as each case is unique. Please post in our help forum with details and link to listing: Help & Support for Google Local

Audience Question:
Q: re: location page title tags, suggestions on what to include?[Jason Rogers]
A: Start with City + Main KW then business name

Q: is it best to do internal linking on blog pages or all pages? should the internal linking navigate people to a blog or a service page? Does it matter?[Courtney Rodrigue]

Audience Question:
Q: One of my clients has numerous apartment buildings, should each of those buildings have a separate Google + page? Or, should we only have the office building as a Google + page?[Samantha Seligsohn]
A: If they are staffed and have a walk in office they can have a G+ L page

Audience Question:
Q: One of my clients has numerous apartment buildings, should each of those buildings have a separate Google + page? Or, should we only have the office building as a Google + page?[Samantha Seligsohn]
A: You could include the apratments ONLY if they have an office that is staffed by building employees during the stated hours

Q: Thanks![Samantha Seligsohn]

Q: re: Linking to location pages from home page, would rotating these out, perhaps quarterly, help spread the value among more stores?[Jason Rogers]

Audience Question:
Q: Start with City + Main KW then Business Name.... Is that more effective than Main KW + City, ST - Business Name?[Albert Salinas]
A: That's another option. Kinda depends on the situation. Sometimes I'll do both in reverse order on each end of the title tag

Q: any links on how for best optimization practices for product page SEO[Courtney Rodrigue]

Q: should you internal link product blog page to the product page all the time? is that spammy?[Robin Mordini]

Audience Question:
Q: Start with City + Main KW then Business Name.... Is that more effective than Main KW + City, ST - Business Name?[Albert Salinas]
A: I'll sometimes do City KW Biz Name KW in City St

Q: if you had to choose one, what's more effective: blog posting re: locations vs. building out additional content linked to your product page, e.g, delving into a different layer or area related to the product page?[Jennifer Poole]

Audience Question:
Q: How effective is linking to additional local citations from other local citations - ie on YP linking to your G+ etc...[Albert Salinas]
A: that's known as Barnacle SEO and it can have an impact for sure...how effective it is really depends..

Audience Question:
Q: What can we do to get Real Estate Agents to rank after the new pigeon update?[Tyler O'Brien]
A: I think they need solid onsite and backlinks..

Q: When clients tell me that they will write content themselves, I tell them, "you may be good, but there's only one of you".[Tim Colling]

Audience Question:
Q: how many keywords (at first) should we focus on a single site? [John Ocampos]
A: Depends on the site. I'd focus more on one primary KW per page which would include city if local biz

Audience Question:
Q: ...and that's one of the reasons why we specialize in the niche that we do - we KNOW that market and the concerns of that market's primary audience.[Tim Colling]
A: Great point TIm!

Audience Question:
Q: is the basic guidleine for SEO-friendly content still considered to be: approx 300 words per product/service with keywords (service & city) mentioned once per paragraph?[Andrew Mendel]
A: Not sure that was ever a guideline and don't think informal guidelines like that should be followed these days. Write for the user. Does the user need 300 words and KW repeated once per paragraph?

Q: What about adaptive images for mobile optimization?[Kim McConnell]

Audience Question:
Q: What are the best resources to view for local link building?[john harrison]
A: Search on the Local Search Forum, I have a bunch of good posts I've linked to about it

Q: For mobile sites that are designed to be adaptive -- Do you need to submit mobile sitemaps as well? [Matthew Maydick]

Q: what can y[Sean Clark]

Q: Audience Question
Q: What are the best resources to view for local link building?
A: Search on the Local Search Forum, I have a bunch of good posts I've linked to about it[Courtney Rodrigue]

Audience Question:
Q: do you have the link for this?[Courtney Rodrigue]
A: http://www.localsearchforum.com

Q: do you recommend having landing pages on the mobile site or can you do without? [Robin Mordini]

Audience Question:
Q: How can I track mobile analytics?[Tyler O'Brien]
A: You can segment that data in Google Analytics

Audience Question:
Q: What business segments are spending money on local search these days? home services, insurance, legal?[john harrison]
A: and medical/dental

Audience Question:
Q: i thought this was suppose to start at 3pm est[Goran Draskovic]
A: Nope 2 EST

Q: dammit[Goran Draskovic]

Audience Question:
Q: i thought this was suppose to start at 3pm est[Goran Draskovic]
A: Will be recorded. Replay will be up in a few days here: InsideLocal: Expert Local Search Webinar Series | BrightLocal and here: Local Onsite Optimization Best Practices Webinar with 4 Local Search Experts - Slide deck and this QA chat will be posted at that forum link too.

Audience Question:
Q: should you create a mobile site first then desktop second?[Robin Mordini]
A: Ideally you want to go with a responsive website from the get-go.

Q: what is CRO AND ROI[Andrew Mendel]

Q: whoa[Kimbers Sheppard]

Q: i did not hear that questions from myles[Kimbers Sheppard]

Audience Question:
Q: What did "click to call enabled" mean? I think you have to specifically code a link to ensure that a link will be a clickable phone number.[Tim Colling]
A: There are some WP Plugins that do the trick too .

Audience Question:
Q: you guys are amazing!!! thank you so much for creating this for our local SEO community!![Valerie Marbach]
A: You are welcome Valerie, thanks for the comment!

Audience Question:
Q: Myles is a Cylon![Bill Verboom]
A: I just called him a borg - some kinda robot! ;-)

Q: No it is not again I use vsee.com you should check it out[Gary Brown]

Q: I find testimonials increase conversion by 23% in ad words.[Gary Brown]

Q: what was that optimize tool[Derrick O'Keefe]

Q: This is a really great Wordpress plugin to get click to call on a website: https://wordpress.org/plugins/call-now-button/[kristen eichmann]

Q: Easiest way to add structured mark-up in Wordpress?[Walter Hawkes]

Q: Can you provide links to the tools being mentioned?[Cathy Millet]

Q: What keeps Google's trust in Schema/structured data supplied onsite from going the way of meta-keywords? [Philip McDonald]

Audience Question:
Q: I wish they would speak to the question of WHERE to place local business schema markup![Tim Colling]
A: See link in chat for some ideas PLUS lots and lots of posts at the Local Search Forum from leaders about local schema

Q: Similar to Get 5 Stars is Reviews Matter. Another great tool. reviewsmatter.com[Samantha Seligsohn]

Audience Question:
Q: best testing tool for Schema?[Courtney Rodrigue]
A: Google's tool.

Q: What specific schema should we use for college classes or courses? I've been trying to find a definite answer to this. The closest schema type is creative event but this is not accurate. [Paul Sim]

Audience Question:
Q: with wordpress where do I put the schema code? in the index.php file?[Tyler O'Brien]
A: It depends on what type of Schema you are using

Q: I'm seeing opportunity to display Star Ratings with sub pages much more likely than home pages. Is that a consistent theme for you guys?[Albert Salinas]

Audience Question:
Q: with wordpress where do I put the schema code? in the index.php file?[Tyler O'Brien]
A: Wherever in needs to be right in the content, depends on what you are trying to markup

Q: just the homepage wtih phonenumber and links to interior pages contact page etc[Tyler O'Brien]

Audience Question:
Q: Linda, I have not found the answer on your forum to the question I posed earlier, "only on one contact page vs putting it in the footer - or somewhere else - on every page".[Tim Colling]
A: Sorry missed that one and don't really understand.

Q: ..and I'm asking this with respect to the local business schema markup...[Tim Colling]

Audience Question:
Q: Linda, I have not found the answer on your forum to the question I posed earlier, "only on one contact page vs putting it in the footer - or somewhere else - on every page".[Tim Colling]
A: Putting 'what" there? Can you ask in the forum? I can't keep up with all the Qs here

Audience Question:
Q: Great questions asked in this webinar! Nice job guys.[kristen eichmann]
A: QA will be posted in the forum tomorrow so you can review all the Qs and answers

Audience Question:
Q: Great questions asked in this webinar! Nice job guys.[kristen eichmann]
A: Here: Local Onsite Optimization Best Practices Webinar with 4 Local Search Experts

Audience Question:
Q: sure, no problem. there's only one of you, right? :-)[Tim Colling]
A: Plus doing all the chat too. But Colan is helping with Qs too.

Q: specifically the website testing tool[Cathy Millet]

Q: Good stuff, as always. [Bryan Heckler]

Q: Thank you everyone! This is extremely helpful and very generous of all of you![Tim Colling]

Q: Awesome session as always, Thank you!!!![kaycie smith]

=================================================

WHEW! I missed the entire webinar, because as you can see Colan and I were buried with tons of great questions! So I'm as excited as you are for the video, which should be posted by Friday at the link below.

I need to close this thread to replies because it's so long it keeps making the forum time out.

If your question did not get answered or you want us to elaborate, please ask in the main Webinar thread here.

VIDEO should be posted there tomorrow and I'm getting ready to add the slide deck now.