More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Are your customers on Mobile? Here's a reason do use Google Adwords!

Joy Hawkins did an interesting post today.

<a href="http://imprezziomarketing.com/seo-blog/google-maps/google-ads-dominating-on-google-maps-app/">Google Ads Dominating on Google Maps App | Imprezzio Marketing</a>
Below is just a snippet - so click the link above to read the full post.

Last weekend I was doing some searches for local businesses on the Google Maps app for Android. I couldn?t help but notice the prominence that AdWords ads are now getting in this space...

Still think your small business doesn?t need to be doing AdWords as well as Local SEO? Google is out to prove you wrong.

Head over to see Joy's screenshots and read her observations!

Short article; Visually great observations:

Ads on mobile are very visible, dominate the top of the screen in a big way; have lots of "tools" to make them compelling etc.

I just looked briefly at a local adwords campaign for an smb:

Abt: 40,000+ impressions since Jan 1.

Data is sort of deceptive and needs to be crunched for more specifics as there are a lot of impressions tied to broad term that never generate clicks: There is a big difference between targeted money terms and broad term:

BUT On the mobile side vs PCS and tablets:

Mobile CTR's are abt 60% higher than PCS's and tablets Abt 4.8% mobile and 3% pc's and tablets.

Mobile prices are abt 20% lower per click through; We've adjusted mobile downward; there are less competitors, avg rank in ads is marginally higher.

Mobile is a compelling place for ads due to prominence. I agree w/ Joy. I wouldn't do Adwords Express. Google will happily coax and take your money for you doing nothing...but they'll throw it around helter skelter. You don't control anything.

Good observations and visible examples via Joy.

Short article; Visually great observations:

Ads on mobile are very visible, dominate the top of the screen in a big way; have lots of "tools" to make them compelling etc.

I just looked briefly at a local adwords campaign for an smb:

Abt: 40+ impressions since Jan 1.

Data is sort of deceptive and needs to be crunched for more specifics as there are a lot of impressions tied to broad term that never generate clicks: There is a big difference between targeted money terms and broad term:

BUT On the mobile side vs PCS and tablets:

Mobile CTR's are abt 60% higher than PCS's and tablets Abt 4.8% mobile and 3% pc's and tablets.

Mobile prices are abt 20% lower per click through; We've adjusted mobile downward; there are less competitors, avg rank in ads is marginally higher.

Mobile is a compelling place for ads due to prominence. I agree w/ Joy. I wouldn't do Adwords Express. Google will happily coax and take your money for you doing nothing...but they'll throw it around helter skelter. You don't control anything.

Good observations and visible examples via Joy.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom