More threads by Gsmithmike

Reaction score
This is pretty interesting, when I type my particular Keyword ex: "Keyword" +"Area" I get different results in local pack than when i try "Keyword" In "Area"
Is there any answer to the matter?

Using IN is the equivalent of manually picking a location to perform a search from. Keyword + location is just a regular search that includes a location. IN is the proper way to search for geo locations in a certain area.

This is pretty interesting, when I type my particular Keyword ex: "Keyword" +"Area" I get different results in local pack than when i try "Keyword" In "Area"
Is there any answer to the matter?

That's a good question. The answer is because any little variation in search makes Google recalculate their algorithm. It probably matters the most on the "organic" side with your website optimization as well as links. What text your links are surrounded in, etc.

Does that make sense?

It's the same reason including a state abbreviation changes the ranking or changing your keyword search from "keyword city state" to "city state keyword" switches up the order as well.

How do you optimize for that keyword, i honestly not sure plumber los angeles make sense in a sentence=))

How do you optimize for that keyword, i honestly not sure plumber los angeles make sense in a sentence=))

There are ways to fit it in. We use all three variations:

• plumber los angeles
  • los angeles plumber
  • plumber in los angeles

There's really no way to make all three rankings match. Just do some variation and hope for the best.

I'd honestly like to hear from some other Local SEO's too and see how they tackle it.

Yeah it will be great to have someone here talking more about it. how to optimize for a specific local keyword.

Yeah it will be great to have someone here talking more about it. how to optimize for a specific local keyword.

Maybe I'm not answering your question but if you're just asking about how to optimize for a specific local keyword, here is what my answer would be:

You're really going to be optimizing for this on your website. I don't know your specific level of knowledge of local seo so I'm just going to lay it all out.

Take your keyword and location and split it into the 3 keywords I mentioned above. Really, you would want to split it into 6 different keywords. Take the keywords I mentioned above and also add "CA" to the end for California, as people will search "plumber los angeles ca" as well.

Once you have these 6 variations, sprinkle them in your homepage content, as well as your title tag, & meta description. Also make sure they're in some of the other pages of your website as well.

That's pretty basic. I can go more in depth if you like.

If you already knew all of that, I apologize. Ask another question and I'll try to help the best I can.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom