More threads by Amber Robinson

Reaction score
I am hoping by sharing my situation with a clients GMB local situation we can find something of value from the outcome.

The Client is Poli Mortgage Group, Inc. in Canton, MA. Here is a look at the Local Pack when before I began the GMB Audit - mortgage companies   Google Search.jpg

The GMB page in postition A is an unverified listing with their old address. In addition to that GMB page there is also this verified GMB page that I requested transfer of ownership to - https://plus.google.com/109459794934752765806/about?hl=en-US

Now I am going to share the steps I took and the outcome and I am hoping, with others points of view, I can understand why the outcome is the way it is today.

I started with the GMB Audit from Casey Meraz:

1. Locate the proper GMB page - https://plus.google.com/+PolimortgageGroupInc/about - (The client had 2 pages in their account and I connected this page to Google Maps b/c it the most followers and all the reviews.) Shortly after I deleted the Brand page with 2 followers and 0 reviews.
Duplicates   Wrike.png

2. Find and destroy duplicates - I went through a lot of steps here for the above duplcate listings but long story longer my most recent call with Google Support on 2/11/15 said they would implement a "move to option" on the listing ranking in Position A so that it would redirect to the primary listing and for the verified duplicate the Google Rep said he would "deactivate" the page and eventually it would "disappear".

3. Updated all business information on 1/30/15 (NAP, category, hours of operation, and business description)

4. Suggested a virtual tour and that was eventually executed and implemented on 2/4/15.

5. With the support of BrightLocal's Citation Burst I was able to update and verify their business information on 10 different citation sites as of 2/6/15.

6. Transferred ownership of the GMB page to an email account associated with clients domain on 1/30/15.

And here is where my question comes in. This screenshot is from Tuesday with the clients primary listing at Position C - mortgage companies in canton  ma   Google Search 2.17.15.jpg

The listing in postion A doesn't redirect to the primary listing like support said it would. (The rep quoted 24-48 hours for that to take effect.)

So Pro's, what are your thoughts on why the Primary listing would be pulled into the pack now? Also, wondering if I should give the listing in Position A more time for the "move to" option to take effect or if I should give Local Support another call.

mortgage companies   Google Search.jpg

Duplicates   Wrike.png

mortgage companies in canton  ma   Google Search 2.17.15.jpg

Do you know why they have tons of closed listings???

https://plus.google.com/u/0/local/united states/s/Poli Mortgage

I'm not sure I followed all that and took a lot of time cuz all the links I needed weren't there and I had to hunt and peck.

But seems now the issue boils down to the fact the old listing in the A spot has not been closed yet? Is that right?

If so, I'd just call support again. But be advised Joy has reported some cases where the the "relocated to" message didn't show up and it just showed "permanently closed".

Like Linda said, I'd suggest calling support back, as it sounds like they didn't put it in as closed. I had a recent shell listing pop up (at a different address) and the first time, I'm not sure support understood what I wanted, so they tried a re-direct but it the shell listing came up, so I can to call back to work with them on getting it listed as closed.

Do you know why they have tons of closed listings???

https://plus.google.com/u/0/local/united states/s/Poli Mortgage

I'm not sure I followed all that and took a lot of time cuz all the links I needed weren't there and I had to hunt and peck.

But seems now the issue boils down to the fact the old listing in the A spot has not been closed yet? Is that right?

If so, I'd just call support again. But be advised Joy has reported some cases where the the "relocated to" message didn't show up and it just showed "permanently closed".

Once upon a time they had locations in all of those cities but when they came to us they had just made the decision to downsize to their central office and focus more on generating leads online.

Sorry about those broken links but thanks for digging, Linda. I mentioned my concern about the "permanently closed" possibility to the Rep and he insisted that it wouldn't be marked as closed but just redirect users to the correct GMB listing. Which technically that location in Norwood is closed but I would hate for that to message to give the wrong impression.

Thanks for the heads up and feedback, Linda!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom