More threads by Andrew Forster

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I do a few blog posts about local SEO and citation building once a month. I've been meaning to compile a list of the best citation resources we use in Western Canada for ranking our Canadian businesses but haven't had time until now.

This may not be anything 'new' to some of you, but I was hesitant to share this a few years back, but with all the recent algo changes and what-have you, maybe some fellow Canadian local SEO'ers can find some of this information useful.

Feel free to leave a comment and add to the list if you feel something should or shouldn't be there.

Top 10 Canadian Citations for Local businesses and Local Search Marketers! - The Adster Online Advertising Blog! - Adster Creative

- Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My compilation of the10 Best Citations for Canadian Businesses

Great job, Andrew! It's a whole different world up there, and Canadians need to stick together and share what they know about their special challenges and tactics in Local. Thank you for posting this. I'm sure it will help many members.

Thanks Miriam. It's quite different in Canada is an understatement :p

The way they roll out updates, and what you can and can't get away with is astounding. Not only that, but we don't receive the level of support and/or Map Maker help that our friends to the south do. It's great to have places like this to come to, to share insights, ask questions and be part of the community :)

Hi Andrew. Thanks a lot for sharing this. It's interesting to see how Local SEO differs in different countries.

I also really like your website as well - it flows very nicely...I'm going to subscribe to the blog as it looks like you cover a lot of interesting topics.

Hi Andrew. Thanks a lot for sharing this. It's interesting to see how Local SEO differs in different countries.

I also really like your website as well - it flows very nicely...I'm going to subscribe to the blog as it looks like you cover a lot of interesting topics.

Thanks Nick! We used to write blog posts targeted to our potential customers and SMB owners, however I switched the focus about a year ago to try and help out the local SEO community more and share some tips. Though I would imagine some of our local competitors have been sniffing around, haha - oh well, it's a team effort and there's lots of business to go around :)

Though I would imagine some of our local competitors have been sniffing around, haha - oh well, it's a team effort and there's lots of business to go around :)

Hey Andrew. That's a very good attitude to have. It's true that competitors could learn from you but that would take them a lot of effort, and they should be good at their job already. Anyway, I really like the look of your blog and have subscribed to the RSS, so will follow it with interest. Us Local SEO-ers need to stick together!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom