More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Perfect timing! This post is the perfect addition to our new LOCAL CONTENT FORUM.

Chris Silver Smith just did a VERY comprehensive post over at Search Engine Land.

Now if you know Chris, you know his posts are always worth a read and filled with links to other related content. This one is no exception.

<a href="http://searchengineland.com/tap-content-marketing-engine-achieve-local-liftoff-215158">Rev Up The Content Marketing Engine To Achieve Local Liftoff</a>

Search marketers got into content marketing in many cases because it helped build links in non-sketchy ways. Provide free content, distributed widely, often resulted in receiving external links back.

Fast-forward to the present, and many of the sloppier content marketing link-building ploys have been essentially decommissioned by various algorithm updates. Articles distributed through paid syndication, free links from content sharing services, cheaply/poorly written articles just generated for a link — these things have been penalized and eroded to where they are unlikely to work.

But, what continues to work is a dedication to building good-quality content, and sharing it where consumers can find it and interact with it.

Really solid info! Head to the link above to read it.

And in case you missed it, I just launched our new Local Content Forum today.
Read all about it here:

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/local-content/28458-dynamic-local-content-local-video-search-engine-optimization-google-business-view-3-new-forums.html">Dynamic Local Content, Local Video SEO & Google Business View - 3 New Forums</a>

Okay, so I have to ask.

Are any Local SEO's actually doing local content marketing and seeing Local SEO success? And by success, I mean actual, valuable backlinks?

I would like to see some cases of this.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom