More threads by MichaelW

Reaction score
There appears to be 2 Google 'MyBusiness' / Google+ pages for a client's ecommerce site.

Here's a rough guide to how things stand for the 2 Google+ pages.
(I've obviously made up the page names & emails below)

1. https://plus.google.com/111111111111111

the email associated with this is account1@..clientswebsite.com

The listing is 70% complete with 57 followers.

There are no videos showing for this.

There is no associated Gmail, Adwords, Analytics.

It has ALL the current Google+ posts and an about section.

2. https://plus.google.com/22222222222222222

the email associated with this is account2@..clientswebsite.com

The listing is 25% complete with no followers.

It has access to the Gmail, Adwords, Analytics properties.

The Youtube account links back to this page.

The Google+ page shows ALL the videos, though has no about information or posts.

What's the best thing to do with these Google+ accounts?

thank you!

Hi Michael,

Without links to the pages any answer would be a guess at best. Are both pages verified LOCAL G+ pages? Or are they brand pages? Or unverified local pages, or a mix of a couple of those?

There appears to be 2 Google 'MyBusiness' / Google+ pages for a client's ecommerce site.

Hi Michael,

Without links to the pages any answer would be a guess at best. Are both pages verified LOCAL G+ pages? Or are they brand pages? Or unverified local pages, or a mix of a couple of those?

I'm with Colan. We can't really help without links. Often when even experienced consultants explain - once we see them we find it's a totally different type of page than what we thought just reading the initial post.

But the biggie that jumps out at me is "ecommerce sites" can't have G+ Local pages at all.

Moving this to help and support which is where help requests for a specific listing go.

Thanks Michael. Those both appear to be Brand pages.

In order to not lose all the posts and followers, I would look into reconnecting Analytics and the Youtube channel to the page with all the posts and followers.

Linda, can you PING someone from the G+ community to take a look at this?

Sorry I was typing at same time as Michael, so I never saw those links.

Colan is right, those aren't Google+ Local pages, so I'm glad we asked for links.

"What's the best thing to do with these Google+ accounts?"

I'm not sure what's up with those pages but since they are just regular G+ Business pages can't you just delete the one that does not even have "about". It's just kinda borked I think. So just delete.

Those aren't like dupes in G+ Local. They won't hurt ranking because neither one will rank. So having 2 does not really hurt much, other than possibly having someone stumble on and follow the wrong page.

If you need more help here is the link to the G+ Help community, sorry I don't really know much about or deal with regular G+ pages: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115758385206378551362

Michael,

Do you have the option to connect the page with the followers to Google Maps?

Connect a page to Google Maps

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevermind, just reread and it's not a Local Business. Sorry Michael!

Thanks Colan and Linda for your advice so far.

Below are some considerations

a) Page 1 has 3 pages, 2 pages are for sister companies
b) Page 1 has all current posts and about section
c) Page 2 is only 25% complete as compared to page 1 which is 75%
d) Page 2 is linked to gmail, adwords and analytics main account
e) Page 2 has youtube account linking back to it & shows all videos
f) Page 2 has no about us page or posts

My questions are

1. Which page should I concentrate on?
2. Should I try to merge, delete or just leave one alone?
3. And depending on your advice, what steps should I take?

thank you.
Michael.

Just to give you an update.. Google Takeout was suggested by someone in the support forum.

This hopefully will allow me to transfer posts and followers.

thanks
Michael

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom