Here is the Q & A log from the Advanced Local Search Keyword Strategies Webinar.

It's so long I had to do a separate post. I stripped out all the email addresses and tried to strip out most of the comments that were just about sound quality or whatever.

If you need further clarification on one of our answers, please ask in the main thread linked above.

Can't spend any more time on this, so the formatting is not ideal, but it's readable.

BELOW IN THE NEXT POST IS THE CHAT LOG
WITH ALL THE LINKS TO GREAT CONTENT RESOURCES.

Q & A LOG

Audience Question:
Q: I find all the tools only give data for national or global Keywords[John Garghan]
A: in Google Keyword planner you can check search volumes by geographic areas

Q: Is this webinar recorded? [Paramjeet S]
A: Yes will be recorded. Replay will be up soon: InsideLocal: Expert Local Search Webinar Series | BrightLocal and here: Advanced Local Search Keyword Strategies - Free InsideLocal Webinar - Slide deck and this QA chat will be posted at that forum link too.

Audience Question:
Q: First webinar ever. Excited for the knowledge![Krista Edmonds]
A: Glad to have you join us Krista

Audience Question:
Q: Wahoo hi linda and Colan and myles![Chris Agro]
A: Hey Chris, Linda waving hi!

Audience Question:
Q: I cyber see that wave :-)[Chris Agro]
A: Haha!

Audience Question:
Q: Hi to Linda & Colan![Susan Staupe]
A: Hey Susan, it's Linda.

Audience Question:
Q: *Round of applause for Googles Photo Managing Update.[Stephen Scheid]
A: Second that!

Audience Question:
Q: What does "canabalize yourself" mean?[Ray Adams]
A: Check this out - How to Solve Keyword Cannibalization - SEO Tips - Moz

Q: apart form keyword planner[Malcolm Maybury]

Audience Question:
Q: What tools do you use for keyword research please?[Malcolm Maybury]
A: We'll talk tools in section 3 - coming up soon

Audience Question:
Q: What tools do you use for keyword research please?[Malcolm Maybury]
A: great post here - http://www.localsearchforum.com/loca...ls-tricks.html

Q: Ok great thanks![Malcolm Maybury]

Audience Question:
Q: what does bucketing mean in this context?[Richard Ingersoll]
A: categorize - put in different buckets

Q: gyi's audio is not so good[ken monteiro]

Audience Question:
Q: Thanks for link - helpful article canabilzation[Ray Adams]
A: See Chat module for other great resources I'll be dropping throughout.

Audience Question:
Q: are the experts talking about both PPC and Organic? Or just PPC here?[Kimbers Sheppard]
A: Both

Q: How do you successfully drill down to choosing the correct long tail terms or question-like queries?[Luke Austin ]

Q: good point dev[Mary Theresa McLean]

Q: are there any software tools that the experts use for Keyword Research?[Derrick O'Keefe]

Audience Question:
Q: what is keyword tool.io?[Celeste Bishop]
A: Best FREE alternative to Google Keyword Tool for SEO & PPC keyword research! Get 750+ relevant long-tail keywords from Google Suggest in seconds!

Audience Question:
Q: what is keyword tool.io?[Celeste Bishop]
A: http://keywordtool.io/

Q: do any of these guys use SEM RUSH[Brian Childers]

Audience Question:
Q: Funny thing, I am doing keyword research right now [Sergey Lucktinov]
A: Way to multi-task!

Q: do you think google will ever publish their data down to a local zipcode when customers visit your website ?[mark lund]

Q: Could add few tips [Sergey Lucktinov]

Audience Question:
Q: Can Dev slow down a little bit when he explains. Lots of good info and not sure I captured all of it. [layla Bauder]
A: Will be recorded to you can listen again too!

Audience Question:
Q: Do you have any documentation for these methodologies to help us folllow a similar process? Or can you direct us to some guides? i.e to create keyword map etc.[Kim McConnell]
A: Maybe here: Local search term research - 10 tactics for pinpointing best local terms

Audience Question:
Q: Do you have any documentation for these methodologies to help us folllow a similar process? Or can you direct us to some guides? i.e to create keyword map etc.[Kim McConnell]
A: or here: Keyword Research For Attorneys: Turn Clicks Into Cases

Q: Go Casey![Luis Murillo]

Audience Question:
Q: is it just me or is Dev being distorted when he is talking?[Jamie Hill]
A: Yes a little like a robot

Audience Question:
Q: a helpful robot[John Weber]
A: He sure is! :-)

Audience Question:
Q: sorry Im late[Kevin Medri ]
A: It's OK we are recording just for you! :-)

Q: lol[Kevin Medri ]

Audience Question:
Q: REALLY LEARNING ALOT HERE TODAY.[Mary Theresa McLean]
A: Awesome!

Audience Question:
Q: Yahoo! Answers is a great place to see questions that prospects are asking and fill those gaps by creating content around those questions w/ answers[Luke Austin ]
A: Good one Luke!

Q: whats a good volume of search for long tail keywords to focus on for short term gains?[Viktor Nagornyy]

Audience Question:
Q: Excellent point about questions callers are asking Casey![Luke Austin ]
A: Ditto!

Audience Question:
Q: Agreed, Coming in I thought it might be rehashing the same tactics. Really pleased with the level of insight and takeaways. Thanks![Michael deVry]
A: Our speakers are really always so great at sharing advanced tips. No holds barred!

Q: Thanks Casey, The offline Data your talking about, GoggleDocs etc is that items we give to the clietns or they give to us.[Jamie Hill]
A: You can setup the process for them (and give them a google docs link). They can then set that up in their processes

Q: Thanks.[Jamie Hill]

Q: keywordtool.io is interesting to mess with but it's not a great local tool from what we've found. i wonder if there are some tricks to using it better for local[Steve Davey]

Audience Question:
Q: DO ANY OF THE SPEAKERS USE OR RECOMMEND WORDTRACKER[Mary Theresa McLean]
A: Good question. It used to be big, but I don't hear it talked about in local much.

Q: Fully agree! Time well spent. Thank you![Ray Adams]

Q: What are the metrics or threshold being used to determine if a keyword is too competitive or worth trying to optimize for?[Luke Austin ]

Q: Good point Dev. Same thought process for a DJ or Party Planner/wedding Planner[Jamie Hill]

Audience Question:
Q: I've found that contact forms can be a great way to find out what potential customers are searching for. Very time consuming though.[Amber Robinson]
A: Hi Amber! Can you elaborate?

Q: Great tip[Luis Murillo]

Q: does casey suggest a seperate site for the FAQ or on the lawyer's site proper?[Andrew Mendel]
A: On the laywers site. And generally separate pages for FAQs if you can make them substanial enough

Audience Question:
Q: do you use several keyword tools or do you stick to one? which ones would you recommend?[Karen Poxon]
A: I think we get more into tools in the next section

Q: ok thanks[Karen Poxon]

Audience Question:
Q: does casey suggest a seperate site for the FAQ or on the lawyer's site proper?[Andrew Mendel]
A: Thanks Casey!

Q: THAT IS GOLD[Mary Theresa McLean]

Audience Question:
Q: Anyone use or like Long Tail Pro | **Keyword Research Software to Find Long Tail Keywords** ?[Malcolm Maybury]
A: Never heard of it. Do you use and like?

Q: Just been looking around at tools, looks OK[Malcolm Maybury]

Audience Question:
Q: I can hear you but no webcam[Craig Smith]
A: yes, also magnificent...

Audience Question:
Q: is market samurai still relevant? Should we be supplementing market samurai with other tools? [Robin Mordini]
A: I think you should be supplementing the tools.

Q: "[Cheryl Perkins]

Q: mangificent mile[Robin Mordini]
A: Thanks!

Audience Question:
Q: do you use several keyword tools or do you stick to one? which ones would you recommend?[Karen Poxon]
A: Several. Keywordplanner.io, urlprofiler.com, scrapebox, adwords keyword planner

Audience Question:
Q: What was the recommendation for capturing client questions from incoming calls? Other than using a call recording service.[Kim McConnell]
A: Setup a google doc that their receptionist/secretary uses

Q: kwfinder.com is good as well[Malcolm Maybury]

Audience Question:
Q: DO ANY OF THE SPEAKERS USE OR RECOMMEND WORDTRACKER[Mary Theresa McLean]
A: We don't use it anymore.

Audience Question:
Q: For most of our clients we have contact forms across the site that allows the User to "Tell Us More" about their case or issue. When there is a trend in specific questions though these contact forms it helps us to see opportunites we've missed OR realizing that we've attracted the wrong type of traffic to that page. Could be used as an option to Casey's suggestion of listening to the customers to get ideas for keyword themes/topics.[Amber Robinson]
A: Really great point Amber. Thanks for sharing!

Audience Question:
Q: For most of our clients we have contact forms across the site that allows the User to "Tell Us More" about their case or issue. When there is a trend in specific questions though these contact forms it helps us to see opportunites we've missed OR realizing that we've attracted the wrong type of traffic to that page. Could be used as an option to Casey's suggestion of listening to the customers to get ideas for keyword themes/topics.[Amber Robinson]
A: smart.

Audience Question:
Q: is it just me or is Dev being distorted when he is talking?[Jamie Hill]
A: I am a robot.

Q: how much do these guys charge per month to cover all this work?[Mark Ryder]

Q: I love using Jaaxy | The Worlds Most Advanced Keyword Tool. It works really well for me.[Bryce Wickstrom]

Q: i read that, it was great. Huge props to Mary[Kimbers Sheppard]

Audience Question:
Q: What is the underscore google wildcard kw tool?[Robin Mordini]
A: Just using Google suggest; see:
How to Use Wildcard Searches for Local Keyword-Research: Lightning Round with Mary Bowling | LocalVisibilitySystem.com

Audience Question:
A: Keyword Suggestion and Tracking | Adgooroo

Audience Question:
Q: I would be curious as to how the panelists answer the poll questions. Are they inlcuded in the total?[Scott Rawlins]
A: we are not.

Audience Question:
Q: What do you use for tracking these keywords and rankings[Erin Pavek]
A: Bright Local has a great tool!

Q: REPEAT THE LAST GUY[Mary Theresa McLean]

Q: How you figure the conversion of a keyword? Are there any tools for that?[Krista Edmonds]

Audience Question:
Q: Q: What was the recommendation for capturing client questions from incoming calls? Other than using a call recording service.
A: Setup a google doc that their receptionist/secretary uses

So just manually enter questionds, terms used?[Kim McConnell]
A: Dev just posted in Chat - logmycalls.com

Audience Question:
Q: How you figure the conversion of a keyword? Are there any tools for that?[Krista Edmonds]
A: so, for organic it comes down to getting around Not Provided. On paid search, you can track kw to conversions.

Audience Question:
A: also, track conversions by page and then identify what queries that pages ranks for.

Audience Question:
A: That comment from Gyi, since you guys can't see who is typing in QA. Thanks Gyi!

Q: Can anchor text infuence Local 7 rankings for taht keyword?[Sergey Lucktinov]

Q: *that[Sergey Lucktinov]

Q: When looking at # of searches and # of competitors in certain tools, how many # of searches and/or competitors do you set to determine if the term is worth targeting or not? i.e. # of competitors exceeds 50,000 or # of searches is below 1,000[Luke Austin ]

Q: You guys should re-upload these with subtitles for those of us that forget to bring their headphones. Just a suggestion.[o oo]

Q: Not as bad.[Jamie Hill]

Q: How do apply the hyperlocal community idea to something like a criminal lawyer, whose client probably has such an urgent, focused need that they are not likely to care about extraneous info?[Kim McConnell]

Q: Good Job. thanks![Rylan Lambertsen]

Q: When optimizing a service page for multiple locations, is there a best practice on how to format h1 tags? Multiple locations? the general county/region?[Matt Connolly]

Q: excellent tips and discussion. Thank you![Luke Austin ]

Q: Thank you! Panelists were great! [Stephen Scheid]

Q: Thank you very much everyone![Michael deVry]

Q: Great stuff from all of you. Thank you so much for the insights![Chris Agro]

Q: Great experience![Ray Adams]

Q: Thanks![Ray Adams]

Q: Thank you everyone! very educational[Luis Murillo]

Q: thnk you InsideLocal and the panel[Jordan Glogau]

Q: Thank you it was very informative and great tips to take away[Karen Poxon]

Audience Question:
Q: Best webinar so far[Doug Smith]
A: Thanks Doug!

Audience Question:
Q: Thank you everyone! This was very helpful![Tim Colling]
A: Thanks Tim and all!

Q: Thanks[Ed Gilmore]

Q: Thank you[Malcolm Maybury]

Q: Very informative session today, thank you![Albert Salinas]

Q: very insightful everyone, thank you so much for putting these together [Frank Gore]

Q: So much amazing information...I will definitely have to watch the recording a couple times to digest it all!! THANK YOU everyone!![kaycie smith]

=================================================

I need to close this thread to replies because it's so long it keeps making the forum time out.

If your question did not get answered or you want us to elaborate, please ask in the main Webinar thread here: Advanced Local Search Keyword Strategies

VIDEO should be posted there soon and I'm adding the slide deck now.