More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Friday afternoon, after many of you were already off for the weekend, Imprezzio Marketing published a great post by my friend Marie Haynes.

Marie was the 1st person I ever trained on Google Places 4 years ago or so and as many of you know, she is now the leading authority on Google organic ranking penalties.

<a href="http://imprezziomarketing.com/seo-blog/penguin/a-business-owners-guide-to-penguin-and-the-disavow-tool/">A Business Owner?s Guide to Penguin and the Disavow Tool</a>
Imprezzio Marketing

There is a lot of confusion and misinformation surrounding the use of Google?s disavow tool. This tool, created so that a site owner can clean up a poor backlink profile, can be quite useful when it comes to helping a site recover from either a manual unnatural links penalty or problems with Google?s Penguin algorithm. But should you consider using the tool even if you haven?t been affected by either of these?

So if you are concerned about Penguin penalties or wondering if you should use the disavow tool proactively in case your client was guilty of previous transgressions, I would definitely read this 1st.

Thanks Marie!

Thanks for sharing Linda! We sure have come a long way haven't we?

I am currently on layover on my way to San Jose to speak at SMX on the Penguin algorithm. For others who are reading Linda's post, the story of what she did for us is a pretty inspiring one. Linda and I connected in a forum. I was new to the internet and wanted info on affiliate marketing which is what she was doing at the time. She had decided to become really knowledgeable in local SEO. So, she offered to help me learn how to optimize my husband's local listing.

She did it for free and in return I gave her a glowing testimonial. That was several years ago. Since then, I took a similar route to Linda and decided that I wanted to be extremely knowledgable in one area and that was Google penalties and algorithm changes. I never would have dreamed in my wildest dreams that I would be speaking at conferences and making a fantastic living off of this.

My point in saying this is to inspire people who are just starting out. If you can find something that you love to learn about and you learn it really well and are able to teach others about it then you have the potential to make a fantastic living doing something you love. I think that the key to both of our successes is that we made time to help others.

Anyhow...this is not a thread on how to start a new consulting career. :) I just love to tell the story.

Awww, thanks for telling that story Marie! It was inspiring even to me!

Enjoy the show and I'm sure your presentation will be great!

BTW Marie is also a Veterinarian and that's what she was doing when I met her.
She had a Vet site and then started helping her husband with his real estate business.

I sense she's tried a few things and then finally found her calling.

That's another inspiring part of her story. Keep trying until you find your niche!

Marie is excellent. She is extremely knowledgeable and thorough with regard to penalties.

I went over penalties and issues with her. We had different smb sites hit. I ended up doing the "heavy lifting" (probably because we are cheap ;) and/or like to DIY).

Marie's knowledge and expertise are tremendous. She would be my go to person for penalties.

Thanks for sharing Linda!

And thank you Marie. The Imprezzio team is grateful for all your wisdom.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom