Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    29
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Two Businesses, Same Address

    I think this is the correct spot, but if it isn't, go ahead and move it Linda!

    We have a client that has two businesses at the same location. They do very similar things, one seems to have an extra service niche that the other doesn't.

    They have the same address but different business names and phone numbers.

    I created GMB pages for them and sent the verifications to the client. They have sent the pins back but Google won't show the listings because they are considered a duplicate.

    So do I need to contact Google to try and get this ironed out?

    Is it possible to have two businesses at the same location if their business name and phone are different? I was under the impression that if two of the NAP were different then it would be fine. Think real estate agents at an agency.

    I have another client that this worked just fine about eight months ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,853
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Re: Two Businesses, Same Address

    Can you tell us what the two businesses are? Whether or not this will work depends on what services they offer and if they are truly two separate businesses.
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    17,019
    Thanks (Received)
    36
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Re: Two Businesses, Same Address

    Colan is right. Totally depends on the specifics.

    Also need to know how big, if home based business and if the same person or people do both services. Is there signage? Does each company have a sign? Who answers the phone? Same person regardless which you call?

    Many times to the business it's 2 companies for marketing reasons but if it's same or similar category, Google often sees it just as 2 divisions of the same company.
    Is Our Content HELPFUL? Please pay the community back by sharing!

    LocalSearchForumLinda Buquet .:. Google Local Specialist

    Consulting, Troubleshooting & White Label Services for SEOs & Agencies

    Don't Miss Important News & Tips! SUBSCRIBE to Daily Email Digest Here

    Are you a PRO? Join the "Local Search Pros" G+ Community!

    Note: Due to mulitple RSI injuries, pardon short replies. Typos? Blame it on "Dragon". ;-)

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    29
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Two Businesses, Same Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Colan Nielsen View Post
    Can you tell us what the two businesses are? Whether or not this will work depends on what services they offer and if they are truly two separate businesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Buquet View Post
    Colan is right. Totally depends on the specifics.

    Also need to know how big, if home based business and if the same person or people do both services. Is there signage? Does each company have a sign? Who answers the phone? Same person regardless which you call?

    Many times to the business it's 2 companies for marketing reasons but if it's same or similar category, Google often sees it just as 2 divisions of the same company.
    One business seems to be mainly focused on hydronic heating which uses hot water in the floor or walls to heat the house.

    The other seems to be more of the traditional HVAC company. It does say it is a division of the other business though.

    I will have to ask about some of those other things.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,853
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Re: Two Businesses, Same Address

    Thanks for the info. To me it sounds like it's just one business offering different types of service and products.
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    17,019
    Thanks (Received)
    36
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Re: Two Businesses, Same Address

    I agree with Colan and that's how Google would see it too I think.

    One listing should be able to cover it all with the right description and categories.
    Is Our Content HELPFUL? Please pay the community back by sharing!

    LocalSearchForumLinda Buquet .:. Google Local Specialist

    Consulting, Troubleshooting & White Label Services for SEOs & Agencies

    Don't Miss Important News & Tips! SUBSCRIBE to Daily Email Digest Here

    Are you a PRO? Join the "Local Search Pros" G+ Community!

    Note: Due to mulitple RSI injuries, pardon short replies. Typos? Blame it on "Dragon". ;-)

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    29
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Two Businesses, Same Address

    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Buquet View Post
    I agree with Colan and that's how Google would see it too I think.

    One listing should be able to cover it all with the right description and categories.
    Well that is unfortunate. Thanks for the information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •