More threads by armstead

Reaction score
I think this is the correct spot, but if it isn't, go ahead and move it Linda!

We have a client that has two businesses at the same location. They do very similar things, one seems to have an extra service niche that the other doesn't.

They have the same address but different business names and phone numbers.

I created GMB pages for them and sent the verifications to the client. They have sent the pins back but Google won't show the listings because they are considered a duplicate.

So do I need to contact Google to try and get this ironed out?

Is it possible to have two businesses at the same location if their business name and phone are different? I was under the impression that if two of the NAP were different then it would be fine. Think real estate agents at an agency.

I have another client that this worked just fine about eight months ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can you tell us what the two businesses are? Whether or not this will work depends on what services they offer and if they are truly two separate businesses.

Colan is right. Totally depends on the specifics.

Also need to know how big, if home based business and if the same person or people do both services. Is there signage? Does each company have a sign? Who answers the phone? Same person regardless which you call?

Many times to the business it's 2 companies for marketing reasons but if it's same or similar category, Google often sees it just as 2 divisions of the same company.

Can you tell us what the two businesses are? Whether or not this will work depends on what services they offer and if they are truly two separate businesses.

Colan is right. Totally depends on the specifics.

Also need to know how big, if home based business and if the same person or people do both services. Is there signage? Does each company have a sign? Who answers the phone? Same person regardless which you call?

Many times to the business it's 2 companies for marketing reasons but if it's same or similar category, Google often sees it just as 2 divisions of the same company.

One business seems to be mainly focused on hydronic heating which uses hot water in the floor or walls to heat the house.

The other seems to be more of the traditional HVAC company. It does say it is a division of the other business though.

I will have to ask about some of those other things.

Thanks for the info. To me it sounds like it's just one business offering different types of service and products.

I agree with Colan and that's how Google would see it too I think.

One listing should be able to cover it all with the right description and categories.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom