More threads by LifestyleFA

Reaction score
Hi

Would this be considered a good or bad anchor text. The anchor is my website which is the same as the link?
lifestylere.com/furnished

"bostonfurnishedapartments.com">BostonFurnishedApartments.com</a>

Does this fall into the category of exact match anchor text or brand?

Look forward to your answer!

That anchor text is fine. It's common for editors to use either the brand or the web url when linking to another site. This is natural and is treated more as "brand" than exact match anchor text. I don't think the fact that you have a EMD isn't really factored in as much when talking about links being natural or unnatural.

A example of a exact match anchor text is if your target term is "Boston Furnished Apartments" and you were linked to like this:

"bostonfurnishedapartments.com">Boston Furnished Apartments

Since that's not your brand name, that's the keyword you want it would be EMAT. The URL is that site's brand recognition. I think it would be stupid if Google saw that differently. That would be like punishing you for being quick enough to buy a good domain.

Hope that helps

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom