More threads by Adrian

Adrian

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to have a 3 or 7 pack Local Map listing for a networking group I attend. The hotel we meet at already has a Local Map listing.

Therefore, could I use a slight variation of the hotel's address and use it for the networking group? For example, the name of the room we meet in at the hotel. Would this be enough to differentiate the address from the hotel's address?

E.g
The Windsor Meeting Room
Hotel Name
Road
City
Postal code

The hotel manager is happy to be the contact that the verification code is sent to and pass it on to me, but can anyone foresee and issues doing this? I don't want to adversely affect the hotel's own Local SEO ranking by doing this either.

Thanks

Adrian

Hi Adrian

I'm pretty sure this is against Google's guidelines and so would affect both the hotel's Google+ Local page and any Google+ Local page you set up:
The following businesses aren’t eligible for a local page:
An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent. Please coordinate with your host to have your information displayed on the page for their business within their "Introduction" field.

Last edited:
Yes Adrian, Priya is right on with her answer.

Thanks Priya!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom